New York and Washington

• Thread starter electricity_bill
  • Start date
E

electricity_bill

Registered
11 Feb 2010
A little early perhaps for a trip in June, but does anybody have any recommendations for G Scale shops/ exhibitions in the New York and Washington area?

Thanks

LGB333

LGB333

I've lived in Northern Virginia, Washington DC Area, for about 45 years now.........so I'll follow up with some suggestions for you later.......short on time right now. There's only one large scale shop, Star Hobby, in the entire area, Annapolis, MD. But there are certainly lots of real railroads and/or museums to visit in PA, MD West Virginia, VA, and DC area, that I can list for you.......I'm an avid live steam fan. I hope to have my expanded garden railway installed by June, and if so, you're welcome to stop by McLean VA and see some pretty neat sounding DCC locomotives operating.
Best,
Tom

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
If you want Model Shops Trainworld is worth a visit at 751 McDonald Ave Brooklyn, Ditmas Ave Station on an interesting section of an Elevated Section of the New York Subway. Very close to the Station. Find it on an Internet Map. There also used to be a G Scale Shop at Washington Main Line Station, not sure if it is still present perhaps some one Stateside can comment.

LGB333

LGB333

A little early perhaps for a trip in June, but does anybody have any recommendations for G Scale shops/ exhibitions in the New York and Washington area?

Thanks
The landscaping wall blocks for expanding my garden railway will be delivered on Monday and my contractor will install them the week of April 15th. So I'll definitely have my outdoor railway up and running by May, so, as I previously mentioned, you can contact me if you'd like to stop by in June. I'm located 15 minutes from Washington DC right off the George Washington Memorial Parkway, McLean VA. My email: OldDominionRailways@gmail.com

And I also suggest you contact the local garden railway club in this area........someone else already provided you their contact info.
Cheers!
Tom