AddictiveBiscuit

Steam Locos, Armoured Vehicles and Aviation
13 Apr 2015
North Lincolnshire
Gardenbahner

Gardenbahner

Registered
10 Jul 2013
Perfect to convert to one of the LGB Rugen Bader coaches and save yourself £100 (each).:nod:

82994_f2866f4cff0c967d50717ed219f9e249.jpg

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Newquida Coaches are a fine basis for resprays. If you add Michael Troegers excellent Transfers you can do the above yourself with some of the £25 quid jobs that are around.
JonD

3Valve

3Valve

Railways; Air cooled VW's; Soul Music
24 Oct 2009
Shropshire
www.shlr.org.uk
Newquida Coaches are a fine basis for resprays. If you add Michael Troegers excellent Transfers you can do the above yourself with some of the £25 quid jobs that are around.
JonD
Got to agree with that statement. I've got a rake of resprayed Newquida's including the open topped jobby and a dining car conversion (which was a bit more than a respray). They are excellent respray and kitbash fodder.

Nemo

Nemo

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Ilkeston, Derbyshire.
Got to agree with that statement. I've got a rake of resprayed Newquida's including the open topped jobby and a dining car conversion (which was a bit more than a respray). They are excellent respray and kitbash fodder.
Don't no what you mean, still working on this one........
83020_4103da7c4d73d21b9c7341aa3924ea09.jpg

Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Don't no what you mean, still working on this one........ View attachment 222745
Very nice indeed, Steve - how is it built? Plasticard "wood" panelling over the NQ body, or did you built a whole new bodyshell for it?

Zenner in Germany do several conversions using NQ coaches and wagons, from simple resprays to complete new bodies, including buffet cars with interior detailing - of course its much cheaper (and more satisfying) to build your own, but that entails having (a) the skill and (b) the time....

Jon.

Nemo

Nemo

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Ilkeston, Derbyshire.
Very nice indeed, Steve - how is it built? Plasticard "wood" panelling over the NQ body, or did you built a whole new bodyshell for it?

Zenner in Germany do several conversions using NQ coaches and wagons, from simple resprays to complete new bodies, including buffet cars with interior detailing - of course its much cheaper (and more satisfying) to build your own, but that entails having (a) the skill and (b) the time....

Jon.
The body is all made from foamboard (that stuff that Mike makes his superb buildings out of) and various bits of shaped plastercard from me local model shop, The chassis are NQ as is the main roof although the chelestry bit is LGB as are the wheels and couplings. I've been working on the Heberlein braking system, fiddley is that.

Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
The body is all made from foamboard (that stuff that Mike makes his superb buildings out of) and various bits of shaped plastercard from me local model shop, The chassis are NQ as is the main roof although the chelestry bit is LGB as are the wheels and couplings. I've been working on the Heberlein braking system, fiddley is that.
Looks brilliant, Steve - the LGB clerestory parts really change the look of the NQ "Saxon" style roof, and if that body is a foamboard scratchbuild then I'm even more impressed!
Got any "in progress" pics of the build of this one?

Jon.

Nemo

Nemo

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Ilkeston, Derbyshire.
Looks brilliant, Steve - the LGB clerestory parts really change the look of the NQ "Saxon" style roof, and if that body is a foamboard scratchbuild then I'm even more impressed!
Got any "in progress" pics of the build of this one?

Jon.
I have a few, I'll start a separate thread when I get time

Mobi

Mobi

Registered
21 Jul 2013
United Kingdom
My only one Newqida goods wagon (long but 2 axles) often derails compared to Playmobil or LGB wagons.

I have R1 curves only.

:(

P

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Does the Playmobil one have a weight underneath the body and the Newqida not? If so, that could be the answer.

Last edited: