Mystery soved folks this ford T was hand made by an idividul who went by the name of snake ridge ,each model was hand built and i believe that only a

P

Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Did you click on the link?
It has been auctioned by Vectis last year in June.

P

paul delany

Registered
30 Mar 2018
Dublin Ireland
Did you click on the link?
It has been auctioned by Vectis last year in June.
A yes indeed that's where I got it indeed

I took it out from storage and to my horror the wheels had rusted I spent all of today bringing back the wheels from the dead

Attachments

maxi-model

maxi-model

UK/US/ROW steam narrow gauge railways 1:1
27 Oct 2009
Bucks/Oxon/Northants area
I took it out from storage and to my horror the wheels had rusted I spent all of today bringing back the wheels from the dead
Paul, a little tip - If you are storing models (particularly with ferrous metal parts) especially if not in stable dry conditions like an outdoor shed, drop a few of those little bags of silica in the box that seem to be de rigueur with most products that are shipped from far off lands. Or you can buy them here Silica gel . First one up on a google search. Max

P

paul delany

Registered
30 Mar 2018
Dublin Ireland
Paul, a little tip - If you are storing models (particularly with ferrous metal parts) especially if not in stable dry conditions like an outdoor shed, drop a few of those little bags of silica in the box that seem to be de rigueur with most products that are shipped from far off lands. Or you can buy them here Silica gel . First one up on a google search. Max
Bizarrely my shed is bone dry I have all sorts of electronics and models in it,,the box is fairly air tight and I have noticed that MDF which the box cover is made of definitely encourages mould to grow,,unlike plywood,I never thought for a second the wheels would rust

PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
IHMO, MDF acts like Silica Gel and 'wicks' moisture out of the air.. This will form condensation in the micro-climate of the box..

A fantastic surface to take a finish, and you can machine it (within limits), but I HATE the stuff!

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Looking at the larger picture with the model and the box, bearing in mind it's no 5 of 5, I'm thinking this may have been a small, bespoke operation and with the product not ever being advertised publicly for sale :think::think::think:

Interestingly, it's only the original customer's name that is known, and with it being auctioned by Vectis, that person may have departed this earth :emo:

Last edited:
P

paul delany

Registered
30 Mar 2018
Dublin Ireland
MMmm - I'm still not able to make my brain cells work on this one - there's still something in the back of my mind.

However, I could be wrong - there may be nothing there :rofl::rofl:
Lol funny I think we all are missing a bit upstairs in this hobbby

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
You (Rhino) can't open the attachment you (Rhino) posted in post #32? Now I am really curious.

I see one title on one of the 3 attachments/links is #22, is that a hint?
It's quite normal for me not to be able to see attachments that I or others have posted - it's been going on a long time on this PC - I can see the pictures on my laptop but that's getting old and slow (like me).

The apparent oddity in post #32 was one way that I use to see attachments from other people - I copy and paste them into one of my own postings, but in this case (post #32) that didn't even work.

I've tried many things - new broadband provider, different browsers like Firefox, but on a good day, I can see the attachments - only on a good day though.

When I click on the link to an image that I can't see, I get this error message:

1582565371362.png

I suspected my anti-virus programme, but that doesn't explain why sometimes I can see them.

I've given up trying to sort it - I just have to live with it, until this PC dies and I have to fork out for another :whew::whew::whew:

PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Greg,
Post #22 appears to be yours.. It appears to have two identical links in it..

Several of us have queried we are not able to 'see' / follow these links:

1582576976032.png