My three truck/bogie setup

tgood

tgood

Registered
12 Mar 2018
USA
I just got a call from a fellow train hobbyist about an up coming train show in Council Bluffs in Feb. Mentioned to him about the feedback that I have gotten from this forum. Since he is a retired UP RR employee he said that the tenders on the Big Boys and Challengers had trucks that had a sideways slot in their attachments. This allowed the tender to negotiate tight curves as the engines had an articulating sliding joint between the two engines under the boiler. I guess they used the same engineering as the engines to solve the curve problem. This side ways movement affected only the single mounted axles located in the middle of the tenders. He suggested that I might experiment with this idea on my middle truck so the tenders can run on R1 curves. But alas the engines can't so no need to do so except to ease the tenders if problems arise. There's always a solution to a problem when enough heads come together to solve it.:):clap:

Reactions: Rhinochugger
Bill Barnwell

Bill Barnwell

Registered
30 Sep 2017
Ormond Beach, Fl
Would certainly like to come upon a 3 axle truck prefer 1:32 scale but as long as it's short, that I could build my mason bogie from