Monday 7th September 2020.

• Thread starter casey jones snr
  • Start date
casey jones snr

casey jones snr

Registered
Good morning folks. Dawn is just breaking over Northwest Leicestershire, a fine day is forecast for this area today.
I will be at the CFR all day today, I’m expecting a visit from Jon(Dunnyrail).
Another picture from the CFR archives:-
691AADEC-8C53-40CE-8103-4157724D9C9A.jpeg A busy St Bernards Station at the start of another day.

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Morning all, enjoying first breakfast in bed since lockdown. Yup off to see Paul at the CFR today.

Reactions: 1 user
P

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Morning folks, looking nice outside again, though hopefully cooler than it has been. Saw some friends yesterday for the first time since Christmas, both looking tanned from their enforced layoffs due to furlough. My mate is still waiting to hear whether or not he'll have a job to go back to

mike

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Morning world IMG_20200905_153813.jpg

Attachments

• Love
Nodrog1826

Nodrog1826

Professional Idiot
21 Nov 2013
United Kingdom
Morning Folks.

P4160032.JPG

palstig

palstig

Registered
12 Sep 2016
Rushden
Good morning everyone.

The sun is trying to break through the clouds, but no success so far.

Paul

PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Good morning, All!

Slightly jealous, Mike.. Looks to be not too crowded, and people being sensible? :angel::think:

A little dull, and overcast, here in the middle..

Things to pack, and then leave-alone for a couple of days.. Then can be delivered 'by-hand'. - Gloved, of course! :rolleyes:
The item(s) within the package, will not have been handled for several days when they are delivered. - Overkill? Not if they are going into a nursing home, which is presently Covid-free..

Fezwig

Fezwig

Registered
5 Jul 2016
Croft, Warrington
Morning All,
As you all know I'm off work at the moment convalescing, however today I have just been furlough from my other job as teacher and entertainments manager, yes our son has gone in to college today and it's strangely quiet ;)
Now all I have to do is remember what I used to do before all this started 6 month ago :rolleyes:

David1226

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Morning All

Choice of the Day today is a crop and exposure tweak of a pic previously posted by Nodrog1826, 18.12.2015. You can click on the link below to get back to the original post.
Friday December 18th 2015. - G Scale Central

67890_5ce6f1cf7f22ac0d034ee16d1cc1460e _1_.jpg

David

Last edited:
The Devonian

The Devonian

Registered
17 Nov 2009
South Hams
Good Morning.
A warm sunny day here in edge of the South Hams. I had issues getting in to this place but that was resolved a couple of weeks ago.
It has been a warm and very dry summer but railway work and operating had to take a back seat. My wooded areas at the front of the house were getting totally out of hand and consequently a lot odd work was needed yo remove lots of plants and bushes and grass the area. Just some trees and bushes remain. Twenty dumpy bags and lots of old logs were taken to the recycling plant. We have another five waiting to go. As an octagenarian it was hard work and my wife is not as able as I am but I do feel a little fitter despite a lockdown of over five months.
One of mys very strong sons came and helped get the railway sorted out, after we finished the garden work. I had a grade which was caused ny a tree root. It has been a concern since I built the railway over fifteen years ago. I had two minus points: one a grade and secondly two curves on the grade.
Basically half the line was lowered - as much as three or four inches in one area and the root removed. A brick base has substituted the previous thick timbers which, of course had started to deteriorate over the years. I have removed ballast and replaced it with a tarmac in some areas - large buckets of the stuff, designed for tarmac repairs. Two of the buckets were given to me.
Ballast looks great, and I miss its appearance but it has a habit of germinating seeds at a lightening pace.
I got trains running again, but only to be thwarted by my dog who decided to tunnel near a neighbours boundary!!
The area chosen is where my station and freight depot are situated. A mess of the whole area he made. So remove everything, track as well, lay more bricks and concrete: he won't dig there again! So trains can run again. I am also painting all the outdoor structures as we may pay for the lovely summer with a grim winter.
Today is a rest day for the Tour de France, so the tv will not be drawing me indoors today.

Last edited:
PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Sounds like a lot of work, but an interest to keep you well during the enforced lockdown..

We await some pictures! :):nod::nod:

PhilP.

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Clearly, it would be wrong not to ..................... especially in Wales :nod: :nod:

Damp and dismal in NWN but mustn't complain as I sprinkled stuff on the lawn on Saturday while playing trains, and it needed washing in ;);)

Anyhow, things to do and a boat to drive this afternoon :whew::whew:

Anglian

Anglian

Registered
23 Jul 2018
Armagh
Good morning from a dull and damp County Armagh. SWMBO going full tilt at stripping wallpaper due to to damp spots in the old part of the house. My involvement is with the electrics and filling in cracks. Nothing outdoors for a couple of days. Only one small delivery of some steel wheels due this week.
Take care all.
Trevor
IMG_20200401_145537.jpg

Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Morning all!
Did some pottering about with the railway yesterday, trying out some rough track arrangements for the second phase. Phase one, which is pretty much complete and running (or will be again when I get it weeded...) is the ground-level loop around the lawn; phase two will be one (or possibly two) separate loops on a raised bed area, with bridges crossing the ground level line at a couple of places, and connected to the ground level by a long incline.
Still not sure of the track arrangement yet, was just loose-laying points and stuff to decide how much to put into the area I have to work with.

Jon.

Alpineandy

Alpineandy

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Alpennines
Gday. Dull overcast and generally not nice here this am.
Will continue with building an old grs coach kit I picked up a while ago. Probably end up as a grounded body or maybe a camping coach

Pic of a very old bridge I visited this year. But where......

IMG_20200724_110424400.jpg

chasaitch

chasaitch

chasaitch
17 Feb 2016
Banburyshire OX155LF
Do Lindon Homes provide a big enough back garden to build a G scale railway?

pugwash

pugwash

impecunious pirate
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Awaiting delivery of fishing tackle.
I was doing grandotties railway when I lifted the masking tape that was supposed to protect the road from where the greenery will go, however it tore everything to shreds and even lifted the church. This caused me to go into miserable git mode - I say I'm thinking about how to do the repairs - but truth be told it has put the mockers on the project for a bit.
Nice bridge, similar to one of the pair at Wormhill but that has a road underneath as well as a river (trout) and lots of shrubbery. Ni!

trammayo

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Gday. Dull overcast and generally not nice here this am.
Will continue with building an old grs coach kit I picked up a while ago. Probably end up as a grounded body or maybe a camping coach

Pic of a very old bridge I visited this year. But where......
Somewhere not many miles from Beamish?

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
>:) >:) the last piece of the jigsaw has arrived - a small push button on / off switch ;);)