• Thread starter casey jones snr
  • Start date
Chris Vernell

Chris Vernell

Certified
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
G'day to all :hi::hi:.
Up betimes on a bright, cool morning to fill in the online questionnaire for the blood bank, which I shall be visiting later :angel:. So if you see me palely loitering in the backyard this afternoon, forbidden to engage in strenuous labour :( ... OTOH, that means no housework, either >:).
Had a visit from great-granddaughter on the weekend: Cute little muffin :h: and growing fast.
Onward :nerd:

Madman

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Good Day All.

pugwash

pugwash

impecunious pirate
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
mike

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Afternoon world, enjoying the sunshine here at lazy IMG_20200831_125410.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Well, we struck lucky on the 15th telephone call and got a cancellation at the Ancient Mariner in sunny Hunny - and it was while we were there :cool::cool:

Lots of caravans on the road, and almost as many Porsches :eek::eek:

It'll take a while to drain Norfolk of all the tourists - maybe not until the end of October, but they'll start thinning out now :nod::nod:

Fezwig

Fezwig

Registered
5 Jul 2016
Croft, Warrington
Afternoon,
I have been allowed to mow the lawns and do a bit of weeding which means that, I of course have to run a test train or two! :giggle:but first, a rhubarb crumble will have to be made from the freshly harvested crop :)

Chris Vernell

Chris Vernell

Certified
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Back from a well-attended blood bank, suitably drained: They managed to find a vein in my left arm this time :rock:, which is good for one who is thoroughly right-handed.
It'll take a while to drain Norfolk of all the tourists - maybe not until the end of October, but they'll start thinning out now :nod::nod:
Isn't it peasant season? Maybe your neighbours could arrange a beat to get them on their way.

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Back from a well-attended blood bank, suitably drained: They managed to find a vein in my left arm this time :rock:, which is good for one who is thoroughly right-handed.

Isn't it peasant season? Maybe your neighbours could arrange a beat to get them on their way.
Not yet, pheasants come two months after grouse - peasants can be shot all the year round :mask::mask:

casey jones snr

casey jones snr

Registered
Good morning, All!
T'was foggy in the bottoms, this am.. :) - i blame a bad-diet! :giggle:

I could have cried.. Summer bank holiday, and no model shows, et al.. :cry: - But then Paul (Casey) mentioned running on the Mount Sorrel branch. Something I have wanted to do, but never known when it was running (normally, not until reported in the Railway Press, after the event).

Now to see if it is fully-booked (a lot of preserved lines are) and see if SW can be persuaded.. :think:
Good luck Phil.

casey jones snr

casey jones snr

Registered
Good afternoon folks. I’m just winding up at the CFR. I have had a very pleasant day and there have been extra visitors to both the CFR and the GCR.
A picture from today’s running session:-
2AF45670-863E-4D74-AF40-39CD9B397BBC.jpeg
Lana with a rake of coal skips snaking through Priory Station.

Reactions: 1 user
Chris Vernell

Chris Vernell

Certified
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Good afternoon folks. I’m just winding up at the CFR. I have had a very pleasant day and there have been extra visitors to both the CFR and the GCR.
A picture from today’s running session:-
View attachment 272357
Lana with a rake of coal skips snaking through Priory Station.
There is something about serpentine trains

AustrianNG

AustrianNG

Director of my railway
16 Sep 2015
Wirral
It has been a good summer in garden railway terms
64CC7052-F5E6-48F9-913E-41A7BA3971D9.jpeg Of

Gavin Sowry

Gavin Sowry

Garden Railroader and Raconteur
27 Oct 2009
Hutt Valley, NZ
I have done 3 Hours can I go out and Play now...... :)
Your forebears fought hard and long for the 8 hour working day, stop shirking, and get back to work.

• Haha
Chris Vernell

Chris Vernell

Certified
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Anglian

Anglian

Registered
23 Jul 2018
Armagh
Evening all.
What's the expression? Work is the curse of the drinking classes.