Monday 31st August 2020.

• Thread starter casey jones snr
  • Start date
casey jones snr

casey jones snr

Registered
Good morning folks. It’s dpark, dry, windy and mild here in Northwest Leicestershire, another fine day is forecast for this area today.
For some it’s a bank holiday and the GCR is planning special services between Rothley Station and Nunckley Hill on the Mountsorrel branch. As a consequence of this I’m expecting more visitors to the CFR.
Another picture from this weekends running sessions:-
B4684F3C-DAD0-4DFF-B67A-D7EB13775859.jpeg Stanley with the southern freight stock passing through Priory Station.

Reactions: 1 user
Nodrog1826

Nodrog1826

Professional Idiot
21 Nov 2013
United Kingdom
Morning Paul/Folks.

After yesterday repeating photographs i need to look at the railway from a different perspective.

P1020633.JPG

trammayo

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Morning Paul & Gordon. Just had a skim through my Online copy of September's Garden Rail (which has been in my inbox for some time. Nice reading - especially Rik's Peckforton Railway. The Lionel Hogwarts Express gets a mention (gauge and scale) - warts and all. Too many things to do that are keeping me from the the garden line!

LGB-Sid

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Good Morning world, Bank Holiday Monday, so is it house work or Run trains and play at building castles :think:

casey jones snr

casey jones snr

Registered
Good morning Gordon, Mick and Sid. I’ve been at the CFR for the past hour. It’s now dry, bright, mild and the wind has died away, in fact it’s pretty calm.
We are about to move into the season of mists and mellow fruitfulness so the CFR mine has been busy building up coal supplies:-
2F0E53BF-DD9B-44B8-ABAF-6C6F8E004AEC.jpeg
The industrial fleet hard at work.

P

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Morning folks, it is indeed a Bank Holiday. I've recently become a Great Uncle, it was a bit of a shock when I realised my younger sister is now a Nan!
Good Morning world, Bank Holiday Monday, so is it house work or Run trains and play at building castles :think:
Go on, Sid, get stuck in with the housework, you know you want to

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
casey jones snr

casey jones snr

Registered
Morning folks, it is indeed a Bank Holiday. I've recently become a Great Uncle, it was a bit of a shock when I realised my younger sister is now a Nan!

It is a shock Paul. I’ve been a great uncle for thirty years and a great great uncle for fourteen years. Sadly I don’t have any children of my own, but I do dote on all my nieces and nephews .

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Morning all nice if cool start To the day in the nits. Had a little tidy up from the Saturday Operating day yesterday. 1 Mail van was left behind and a few Wagons never got moved but that is fine as they will get to be moved next Operating day. However as the Mail Van is needed at Gernrode it was moved by a Special Trip that also deposited a couple of LGB Trailer Cars in the Shed. The cupboard space indoors was required for another loco. No not a new one, just a conversion to Battery DCC.

Have a great BH all.

David1226

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Reactions: 1 users
PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Good morning, All!
T'was foggy in the bottoms, this am.. :) - i blame a bad-diet! :giggle:

I could have cried.. Summer bank holiday, and no model shows, et al.. :cry: - But then Paul (Casey) mentioned running on the Mount Sorrel branch. Something I have wanted to do, but never known when it was running (normally, not until reported in the Railway Press, after the event).

Now to see if it is fully-booked (a lot of preserved lines are) and see if SW can be persuaded.. :think:

palstig

palstig

Registered
12 Sep 2016
Rushden
Good morning a sunny/light cloud Rushden.

Been having a sort out of some surplus G Scale stock..............to make room for some more G Scale stock. Also need to go through my OO stock and thin it down a bit. Ebay awaits!!!

Paul

pugwash

pugwash

impecunious pirate
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
PhilP

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Strange, the cab of the loco appears to have Zimmerit armour, but when you look at the load in the truck behind that may be wise :eek:
But Zimmerit 'armour' was an anti-magnetic coating to stop magnetic anti-tank mines sticking.. It would have provided very little (if any) extra blast-protection.. :nerd:

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Morning world - S'okay, no real wind, no real rain, no real sunshine.

Trying to find somewhere for lunch, but it's a Bank Holiday and places are likely to be full - otherwise there's not much else to do with the MIL.

P

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Morning world - S'okay, no real wind, no real rain, no real sunshine.

Trying to find somewhere for lunch, but it's a Bank Holiday and places are likely to be full - otherwise there's not much else to do with the MIL.
Take her for a picnic

LGB-Sid

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK

I have done 3 Hours can I go out and Play now...... :)

pugwash

pugwash

impecunious pirate
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
But Zimmerit 'armour' was an anti-magnetic coating to stop magnetic anti-tank mines sticking.. It would have provided very little (if any) extra blast-protection.. :nerd:
True. Strange that the Germans gave up on it because they imagined (wrongly) vehicles coated with it would catch fire if hit. Then everyone cottoned on to the idea of smearing cement / concrete over their AFV's, must have done wonders for the handling and 0-60 times. :fubar:

PhilP

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Tomorrow, is Garden-Bin day.. - There may be a before and after shot later. Though there is so much 'stuff' to hack and get-rid, one bin may not make a big impression? :( Even if I climb in the top, and jump up-and-down a bit.. :eek::tmi: