Monday 14th September 2020.

• Thread starter casey jones snr
  • Start date
casey jones snr

casey jones snr

Registered
Good morning folks. Dawn is just beginning to break over Northwest Leicestershire, another fine day is forecast for this area today.
I will be at the CFR all day today, I have more maintenance to carry out.
A picture from yesterday’s running session:-
BB903B65-8671-4914-BF86-302848C353BA.jpeg
A visiting locomotive passing through Priory Station.

Reactions: 1 user
P

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Morning folks, it's going be unpleasant day, another trip into London, must be on punishment duties. I really can't think of a worse place to drive, the traffic is so bad, it makes you wonder why most people bother! Who in their right mind would do it for fun?

Nodrog1826

Nodrog1826

Professional Idiot
21 Nov 2013
United Kingdom
Morning Folks.

Another archive dip...

20200423_103643.jpg

...parts to be added.

Last edited:
Fezwig

Fezwig

Registered
5 Jul 2016
Croft, Warrington
Morning Casey, Paul & Gordon et all,
Another sunny day is looming and the grass needs a cut........ oh dear! The green bin is full, I will have to think of another way of getting rid of the cuttings, it will help my thinking if I run a few trains ;)

David1226

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Morning All

Today's Choice of the Day is a straightening and exposure tweak of a pic previously posted by stockers, 6.1.2016. You can click on the link below to get back to the original post
Wednesday 6th January 2016. - G Scale Central

200914 160106 stockers.jpg

David

palstig

palstig

Registered
12 Sep 2016
Rushden
Good morning from a very sunny and hot Northamptonshire.

Though I'm working from home, I might have to get some trains running this lunchtime. Have a great day.

Paul

Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Morning peoples.....

Jon.

PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Good morning, All!
Interesting picture, David.. A Grootspur.com special, it seems? ;)

Early morning mistiness and damp-grass.. If it burns off (eventually, due to the big Oak tree blocking the sun) I may just get the grass cut..

palstig

palstig

Registered
12 Sep 2016
Rushden
Good morning, All!
Interesting picture, David.. A Grootspur.com special, it seems? ;)

Early morning mistiness and damp-grass.. If it burns off (eventually, due to the big Oak tree blocking the sun) I may just get the grass cut..
Get mowing that lawn before it gets too hot.

Anglian

Anglian

Registered
23 Jul 2018
Armagh
A good morning from County Armagh. Cloudy but dry here. Awaiting the arrival of the wallpaper man; I can barely contain myself.
I realised yesterday how difficult it is to watch the evilbay countdown on something really nice and yet refrain from buying it. In fact, there were two DR items that went cheaply and now come he regrets. But onwards .... , at least until the next diagnose railbus comes into view!
Have a good day.
Trevor
IMG_20200331_134444_kindlephoto-136896328.jpg

PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Get mowing that lawn before it gets too hot.
:D

The grass is a little long, and presently very wet.. - Not conducive to use of a cheapy electric lawnmower.. :(:shake:

<edit>
It would also be an affront, to those who have lawns to call my grass thus.. ;):nod:

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Morning sunny - the grass won't get cut today, although the brown bin has been emptied, but I've already got enough bags to re-fill it :oops:

Things to do, places to go - SWMBO is at Wroxham Barns for a week from tomorrer, so today we have to set up shop :whew::whew:

mike

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Morning world, seems to be a maintance day here, or has been lately, repainting phone boxes, post boxes ect, repairs and upgrades to locos.. This,, well.. Its had a new motor fitted.. Interesting way to hold a body down.. Clear silicon.. Never mind the mts2s IMG_20200913_150801.jpg IMG_20200913_150806.jpg

pugwash

pugwash

impecunious pirate
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Warmness with a promise in a rise of warmness has me looking at my shorts again, trouble is if I go fishing in shorts my knees get sunburn! :eek:
Have to e-mail my G.P. in a bit to ask for a jab against flu, as a diabetic I am at the top of the list and get it for free. My worry is that there is a likelihood of the flu virus and the second wave of Covid-19 hitting at the same time, obviously the one would lay the way open for the other and there would probably be a puff of smoke over Luxembourg. :sweating:

Alpineandy

Alpineandy

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Alpennines
Warm and sunny this morn..................awaiting arrival of large red box ;)

pics of Barrow Hill Roundhouse many moons ago, I remember getting a cracking fried breakfast there.......:)

IMG_20150502_114600_0 _2_.jpg

IMG_20150502_115701_0 _2_.jpg

Alpineandy

Alpineandy

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Alpennines
Warmness with a promise in a rise of warmness has me looking at my shorts again, trouble is if I go fishing in shorts my knees get sunburn! :eek:
Have to e-mail my G.P. in a bit to ask for a jab against flu, as a diabetic I am at the top of the list and get it for free. My worry is that there is a likelihood of the flu virus and the second wave of Covid-19 hitting at the same time, obviously the one would lay the way open for the other and there would probably be a puff of smoke over Luxembourg. :sweating:
Wise to get the jab as it appears that the second wave has begun in Europe.
Using a bit of lateral thinking though if we are taking extra precautions against Covid it would be right to assume that the spread of flu this winter may also be restricted. Lets hope so.

It also appears following an age related study in Germany, although the number of covid cases is rising, the number of deaths in older age groups is falling, quite considerably. At the moment we can only speculate as to the reasons for this but at least there is hope. :mm:

Reasons to be cheerful................maybe

casey jones snr

casey jones snr

Registered
I’ve got my flu jab booked for the 22nd of this month. I’m just waiting for a text to tell me of the protocol they will be following.

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
I've been trying to put it off the last three years, I shall hang out a few more years yet :worried::worried::worried: I don't like jabs, or anything medical, I fall over :confused: