Modell-Land de

JimmyB

MOTM

JimmyB

Learning; but slowly!
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
I have recently bought some items from ML, and though very pleased with the service and prices generally the postage is rather steep (€18.00), and as I have now identified some more items I wish to purchase I was wondering is anybody else is buying from them, and maybe we could split the postage!

LGB333

LGB333

I have recently bought some items from ML, and though very pleased with the service and prices generally the postage is rather steep (€18.00), and as I have now identified some more items I wish to purchase I was wondering is anybody else is buying from them, and maybe we could split the postage!

Jimmy - I'm in the USA. I haven't bought anything from ML but last year I bought two LGB locomotives from Modellbahn-shop lippe (MSL), Delmold, Germany. To the USA, they offer a very cheap flat rate 27.50 euros cost and delivery been within five days. You could compare ML's ship rate to the UK v. MSL's rates. Website: modellbahnshop-lippe.com

JimmyB

MOTM

JimmyB

Learning; but slowly!
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
Tom, I did look at them yesterday, and just been back to check, and the prices are very good, however they do not seem to sell spare parts!

ebay mike

ebay mike

Registered
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk
How soon do you need to know Jim? I'm in the market for some bits and pieces to fettle up a few locos, despite my many boxes of spares.

ARIA31

ARIA31

Registered
3 Oct 2017
Toulouse - France
Modellbahn Lippe is my preferred web shop. They are very good for everything you might need. Including warranty and product support.
Yes they sell spares. I just bought one last week.

Just ask what you need to their contact mail : kundenservice@mail.modellbahnshop-lippe.com
They have several people and Thomas Behrend is one of them.
I asked them a Piko part number as spares and they instructed me how to order.
I then paid my order in advance by bank transfer (no risk at all)
I ordered a car in addition to get above 100 euros.

However they apply a spare fee for any spare order for processing : 3.20 euros .
Within EU they ship free of charge for order avove 100 euros, besidesa 3.90 euros Handling & shipping.

They sell for LGB and Piko, for US suppliers USA trains, Bachmann , I go to RD Hobby

JimmyB

MOTM

JimmyB

Learning; but slowly!
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
How soon do you need to know Jim? I'm in the market for some bits and pieces to fettle up a few locos, despite my many boxes of spares.
Mike, not in any real rush, (weekss even month) its a hobby, so I try to be laid back, problem is every time I look I see something else I might just need ;)

ebay mike

ebay mike

Registered
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk
Mike, not in any real rush, (weekss even month) its a hobby, so I try to be laid back, problem is every time I look I see something else I might just need ;)
I know the feeling well Jim. Trouble is I keep getting the urge on eBay - the postage might be a bit cheaper but I think I've got selective vision which means I can't see things costing less than three figures!
BTW you wouldn't believe the stuff I've hoarded collected - I might even have some of the stuff you were going to order.

3Valve

3Valve

Railways; Air cooled VW's; Soul Music
24 Oct 2009
Shropshire
www.shlr.org.uk
Good call Jim. Postage does tend to be a little steep from ML so several members in the past have clubbed together and put in a "bulk" order as it where.

Whatlep used to be the main instigator as he spoke fluent German which was useful.

schienenkönig

schienenkönig

I'm a tram intusiast and have made trams Scale G
4 May 2014
Wuppertal
www.schwebebahn-wtal.de
Postage from Germany to England are very high. Last week I send a little package to Stoke on Trent. Cost me 9,00€.

ebay mike

ebay mike

Registered
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk
Postage from Germany to England are very high. Last week I send a little package to Stoke on Trent. Cost me 9,00€.
I must have been lucky. It only cost me 17 euros to have my Orient Express set shipped over from Eggersdorf.

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Cheep as chips compared to our post costs the other way.

P

Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
I have received large boxes from Germany to Australia for only a fraction of the shipping cost compared to shipping from the UK or the USA.
When a Bachmann Big Hauler coach's shipping becomes twice as much as what the item is worth, after-which getting taxed on the total by my Gov, it is time to stop buying trains.