M R C Decoders

Nemo

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Ilkeston, Derbyshire.
Best answers
Country flag
Has anybody used these MRC decoders in G scale locos. My local model shop has two of these decoders in. They say there up to 8amps and suitable for G scale. At 31 pounds each they are a bit cheaper than Massoth, but I've not heard of them before.
Are they suitable for MTS 3 and Massoth digi control.
Comments please..........

ntpntpntp

Registered
24 Oct 2009
UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
I don't have one myself and don't want to be a rumour monger, but from what I can recall many of the comments I've read about MRC large scale decoders on various forums and websites isn't particularly complimentary. On the other hand have also read of some people buying these up really cheap and being happy with what they got for the money.

Suggest you do a bit of research before taking the plunge.

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
steve, step away from the decodas.. they arnt what you want.....tyryed 1 for freinds.. it works, it even has sound... i wouldnt go so far as tyo say its a train sound......:rofl:

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Nemo said:
Has anybody used these MRC decoders in G scale locos. My local model shop has two of these decoders in. They say there up to 8amps and suitable for G scale. At 31 pounds each they are a bit cheaper than Massoth, but I've not heard of them before.
Are they suitable for MTS 3 and Massoth digi control.
Comments please..........

Stick to what we know

KentKeith

Registered
24 Oct 2009
SouthEast Kent
Best answers
Country flag
MRC used to provide sound decoders for Athearn US-outline HO locomotives and everybody on the US forums said they were c**p.

Athearn finally bit the bullet, ditched MRC .....and now fit SoundTraxx Tsunami sound decoders....

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
4 posted replies..
sutale
honest
truthfull
relistic
all agree..STAY AWAY FROM THEM:D

Nemo

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Ilkeston, Derbyshire.
Best answers
Country flag
Image Image

Ok, I get the message, I'll give em a miss, Good thing with this Forum you get good honest advise, thanks lads.