Lost digi sound

Nemo

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Ilkeston, Derbyshire.
Best answers
Country flag
Could do with a bit of help on a loco. I ve managed to loose the sound on a LGB loco fitted with sound. The loco runs well but has no sound and I cannot figure out why. However if I press the stop button on me Massoth Navi, the loco sound kicks in for a split second before track power is lost, it is the same if I lift the loco off the track or put it on the track I get a split second of sound.
I haven't altered the CVs on the loco, but I noticed it dissapered around the time I configured it when I set it up to dubble head with another loco on the hand set. Any help is much appreciated but lads keep it simple on the tecnogoly side.
many thanks.

GrahamMills

Many & various. In G scale it is American Diesel.
25 Oct 2009
Lizard, Cornwall, UK
Best answers
Hi Steve,

I'm not a Massoth user (yet) nor do I have any LGB locos but I do seem to remember that if you combine two locos on DCC you only get sound from the first one by default.
You could try deleting the combione set-up and trying again with just that loco selected.

I am sure others will confirm this or say I am talking through my rear.

ntpntpntp

Registered
24 Oct 2009
UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
The typical sound setup for LGB sound decoders uses Function 8 to turn the sound off and on, so try that if Graham's suggestion doesn't sort it out?

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
What decoders/sound decoders are installed?

Nemo

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Ilkeston, Derbyshire.
Best answers
Country flag
muns said:
What decoders/sound decoders are installed?

Its a LGB loco fitted with factory fitted sound, loco running on MTS 3 with Massoth Navi

Nemo

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Ilkeston, Derbyshire.
Best answers
Country flag
Problem now sorted, thanks to all who repled. Was button number 8, all me other locos have Massoth sound which is button 6 for sound on/off and this is what I was pressing, put it down to pilot error.

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Nemo said:
Problem now sorted, thanks to all who repled. Was button number 8, all me other locos have Massoth sound which is button 6 for sound on/off and this is what I was pressing, put it down to pilot error.
Beggar! That is about the only thing I know about MTS!!:happy:
Although, I do have one loco the FO rack loco which loses sound with button 6. Could it be a Massoth card? I have never checked.:-

Nemo

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Ilkeston, Derbyshire.
Best answers
Country flag
KeithT said:
Nemo said:
Although, I do have one loco the FO rack loco which loses sound with button 6. Could it be a Massoth card? I have never checked.:-

Quite possibly Keith, send it here and I'll check it out for you, just to make sure.........:D

Kevin

Registered
24 Oct 2009
East Mids
Best answers
Country flag
KeithT said:
Nemo said:

Hi Keith,

I believe with LGB locos with factory fitted sound button 6 turns sound onoff however, button 8 stops all electrical supply to loco i.e. when standing in sidings etc and there is no intention of using the loco for a while.