lighting sockets and double heading

hornbeam

Registered
26 Oct 2009
Best answers
Hi All,

I have a pair of LGB steple cab electric locos double heading a long freight train as we speak. One is fitted with a factory fitted decoder, the other with a standard decoder that plugs in on the decoder interface board. Now both have lighting sockets. Question is where are these wired to? If direct to the track, I'm thinking of linking them to improve traction. Is this possible?

thanks.

dutchelm

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N Somerset
Best answers
Country flag
As they say "bin there, done that". The sockets should be wired directly to the track so can be wired together, just watch the polarities. The decoders should be set with the same speed & acceleration CVs to make sure they share the work.

I keep 2 Stainz wired back to back for track cleaning duties. Twice as many wheels, twice as many power pickups.

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
DO IT!! I have been backfeeding my locos via the lighting socket for years with great improvement in operation. You will not be dissapointed.

minimans

Trains, Planes, Automobiles & Shooting
24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers
I notice that this is in the analog DC section? If your trying to run one DCC Loco and one DC Loco I don't think that will work! Unless you run them both as DC or both as DCC............................................

9d0810871f5e4e98b3577c7b558aa874.jpg