Lgb new 2019

dennishodge

dennishodge

Registered
21 Feb 2018
Bellevue, WA, USA
I have to admit that I'm one of those few. My deposit is in for one with the current DFB livery. The cost quoted was "only" about $3,600. As a long time member of Verein Furka-Bergstrcke I couldn't resist. It will make a very nice addition to the LGB DFB set I have. I always lusted for one of Ed's Garten Bahn FO HGe 4/4 I balcony loks also after first seeing it - maybe in a couple of years. I don't currently have any grades needing a rack on my RR. I may add it to the long straight 1 in 28 leading to the tunnel and the 1 in 28 circular approach to the bridges just for appearance sake.
It looks like it will be about the same price as the Kiss version then!

dennishodge

dennishodge

Registered
21 Feb 2018
Bellevue, WA, USA
BTW here's the black/gray Kiss Hg 4/4 (also comes in green/black)

Reactions: tac foley
PaulRhB

PaulRhB

Registered
Can’t afford the model so went to see the real one on Sunday, unfortunately that’s all I got as it was a quick cross
133849_310e5ae8c1a93ebb5dc3004dc209c13d.jpeg

Mind you I’d rather have this, it just looks better proportioned to me ;)
133850_074809b943468005281ce5a2fa0deae6.jpeg

Reactions: tac foley
tac foley

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
I agree. The first loco looks like there are a lot of the wiggly bits missing........................

stevedenver

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Both locos are very appealing to me.
I like the photo grey. It reveals details, and is visually appealing. It is huge.

That rack loco by Lgb is amazing. Fascinating to see. More loco than i could run, as if i have rack, its not lengthy, and almost always R1.

The poor Kiss version has its headlight bent.
Im not familiar firsthand with kiss. Do they run as nicely as lgb? Are they robust or delicate?

Marklin seems to be headed toward “real models” in g scale more and more. I often drool over the gauge 1 locos and rolling stock they offer. And, tech features too.

tac foley

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Modern-day Kiss is 'fairly' robust, but still not something I'd leave around with youngsters. ANY scale model, with many applied parts in different materials, is going to be need a whole lot more careful handling than the general run-of-the-mill LGB model, which often has much of its detail moulded into the superstructure and therefore immune from catching and breaking. I remember well having my Magnus-made K27 almost trashed when a less-than-careful well-wisher to our track picked it up with less than dutiful care. It took weeks to replace the broken bits, and a lot of fitting and cussing, and around $400. The diesels and electrics have many applied parts, in the case of the sparkies, the pantographs and all the fancy wiring and conduits that they need. The steam locos are NOT built like an Aster loco, not even KM1 or Bockholt.

PaulRhB

PaulRhB

Registered
Kiss models of electrics have had quite a few issues so beware secondhand ones. The chassis on some have cracked and paint flaked off chassis and bogies, it’s been an ongoing major irritation for some RhB modellers for about three years. Their steam locos don’t seem to have been affected.

P

phils2um

Phil S
11 Sep 2015
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Both locos are very appealing to me.
I like the photo grey. It reveals details, and is visually appealing. It is huge.

That rack loco by Lgb is amazing. Fascinating to see. More loco than i could run, as if i have rack, its not lengthy, and almost always R1.

The poor Kiss version has its headlight bent.
Im not familiar firsthand with kiss. Do they run as nicely as lgb? Are they robust or delicate?

Marklin seems to be headed toward “real models” in g scale more and more. I often drool over the gauge 1 locos and rolling stock they offer. And, tech features too.
I've noticed the change too. The RhB G4/5 in particular was quite a step up. It's not a kid's toy and even us old farts have to be careful with it!