muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Does anyone know what it means when the MTS II (55005) flashes the left LED (RED) alternatly with the right LED (YELLOW) as I cant seem to find that sequence listed in the manual?

I havnt used it for ages and this is occuring straight away from power up.

don9GLC

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Aberdeen
Best answers
muns said:
Does anyone know what it means when the MTS II (55005) flashes the left LED (RED) alternatly with the right LED (YELLOW) as I cant seem to find that sequence listed in the manual?

I don't have any experience with the MTS II system but the manual I downloaded from

http://www.champex-linden.de/download_lgb_bedienungsanleitungen/55005.pdf

states on page 14 and also page 23 that the left red flashing led indicates a short circuit.

ad4a7e3d517f44beac86c2c32324aa9c.jpg

788e9e21bff547c4a1f8ee590ee69885.jpg

Its not clear but page 17 suggests that a right yellow led indicates analog operation but page 18 suggests that the right flashing led means the system has a train mouse connected

058bfce0afef4a50bbf2a230644f33f2.jpg

bfb94f36e3f14dc897bda2115cf92e0a.jpg

Page 20 states that any previous operating mode will be retained after the central station is reset.

303f9aa8fe574a54b7ebf7cb4181012c.jpg

Hope this helps. I would suggest disconnecting the Central Station from the track and clearing the fault indications before looking for any faults on the track. If you have not used it for 'ages' it may be damp or failed :( I hope not, but it sounds ominous. Certainly worth keeping it in a heated environment to warm up for a day if it has been in cold or damp storage.

Don

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks Don,

(I had all of that information)

I forgot to mention that the flashing sequence is occuring when the central station is NOT connected to the track and that the universal handset is not eluminated in any way.

Personally, I think the unit wants a one way trip to the electronic recycling center!

In any case, I have posed the question to the guys at Massoth, both on their forum and via email.

laney

Model Rail
2 Feb 2010
Welsh Valleys, near Newport
Best answers
This may be the usual problem with condensation that the LGB unit suffers from.

Where have you been keeping it? Learnt a lesson with mine and now bring it back into the house every time I finish.

Mine had the condensation problem but thankfully responded to nice warm air from a heater overnight.

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Mark
Does it happen when the power is on but nothing connected?
I have what appears to be a faulty remote - probably the cable. This gives similar fault signals from the green/red lights.
The main unit is fine until the remote is plugged-in.

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Oops - Deleted
Managed to reply to my own message when all I wanted to do was edit it......:wits:

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
Best answers
Country flag
It has been kept indoors.

It still occurs when no handset is connected (i.e only the 2 wired from the transformer connected).

whatlep

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
muns said:

There is an internal fault on the circuit board. Try keeping it warm, but powered off for a while so any condensation gets a chance to go away. If it's still playing up, it's say hello to Mr Repair Man at Massoth.

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
Best answers
Country flag
I have had an email response from Massoth:

Alternate flashing of both LED's indicates an issue with the LGB-Bus. Normally it is a "short circuit" on the bus. This is not detailed in the LGB manual.

Now, how do we open the dam thing up......any ideas?

whatlep

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
muns said:
I have had an email response from Massoth:

Alternate flashing of both LED's indicates an issue with the LGB-Bus. Normally it is a "short circuit" on the bus. This is not detailed in the LGB manual.

Now, how do we open the dam thing up......any ideas?

It's surprisingly easy. The red circular things on each side of the housing are push fit lugs which hold housing and base together. If you have a bradawl or something similar with a slim, sharp point, you should be able to lever them out. Once done, the housing will simply lift off the base. Be aware that by doing this, you'll leave tell-tale traces on the lugs, so any warranty claim may be invalidated.

Reassembly is just mating the bits of plastic and push the lugs back in until they lock.

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Well done to Massoth - a nice quick answer.:D