LGB/Marklin DCC Products

LGB333

LGB333

I'm curious - Does anyone know whether LGB/Marklin is now making the LGB MTS and the other accessories made by the former LGB (Ernst Paul Lehmann Patentwerk) company? For example, on the LGB.de Website, LGB/Marklin has the LGB 55106 MTS III Starter Set still shown as an item in their current product line. Is this still being made by Massoth or is it now made at Marklin's factory in Göppingen Germany or Hungry? I believe the Marklin Gauge 1 product line is made in Germany, but it appears most of their LGB locomotives are made in Hungry.

Gizzy

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
I believe the MTS is no longer supported and it has been replaced with the Marklin DCC system....

Greg Elmassian

Greg Elmassian

Registered
8 Mar 2014
San Diego
www.elmassian.com
I would expect that they would not change the manufacturer on an electronic product, just wait until they obsolete it. Comparing the manufacturing of locos to electronics components is not straightforward.

Greg

idlemarvel

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
The 55106 starter set may still be for sale but it's €530 RRP with no transformer and the booster it mentions 55090 is no longer available and the central station itself 55016 which is included in the starter set is not being produced either. I'm sure it would do the job and there are lots of happy MTS III users on here I'm sure, but you'd be investing a lot in obsolete kit IMO.

Greg Elmassian

Greg Elmassian

Registered
8 Mar 2014
San Diego
www.elmassian.com
When a product is available from the real manufacturer, and also from another company reselling it, I find you have better support and more features going to the source, i.e. piko and LGB (old) vs, Massoth and ESU.

Greg