LGB 50th Anniversary - LGB 28443 RhB Ge 4/4 II Electric Locomotive

D

dennishodge

Registered
21 Feb 2018
Bellevue, WA, USA
Congrats...…...are you running DC or DCC with it? And where did you buy it, if you don't mind me asking, and got a decent price? These are getting scarce...….the MSL trains shop in Germany where I ordered mine has no more of them.
I paid a $100+ premium and got it from OnlyTrains for $1089 since MSL was out. Ofc I recently found you can get stuff pretty affordably to the USA from Amazon.de. Their LGB stuff is an extra 10% off now so this item is $972 shipped to USA with expedited shipping.

Just search for “Märklin L28443”; all their stuff is listed as Märklin with the “L” prefix.

I’m running DC while still waiting for the ESU DCC controller I ordered in June :-!

Gratuitous pics:

Attachments

LGB333

LGB333

15 Feb 2015
McLean Virginia
I paid a $100+ premium and got it from OnlyTrains for $1089 since MSL was out. Ofc I recently found you can get stuff pretty affordably to the USA from Amazon.de. Their LGB stuff is an extra 10% off now so this item is $972 shipped to USA with expedited shipping.

Just search for “Märklin L28443”; all their stuff is listed as Märklin with the “L” prefix.

I’m running DC while still waiting for the ESU DCC controller I ordered in June :-!

Gratuitous pics:
Are you getting the sound system to work running in Analog/DC? I'm only running mine in Digital/DCC and sound works fine, but another person tells me he gets no sound using DC power. In fact, the LGB Owner's Instructions states, I recall, that the factory-settings have the sound set to off on the mfx decoder for DC power.

Good tip on the prices and shipping costs at Amazon.de site...…….I'll check it out. Nice thing about the MSL trains shop in Germany is they charge a flat rate 27.50 euros on the shipments to the USA. Yep, MSL has no more LGB 28443 locos in stock and says Marklin Germany has no more either. Prices will probably increase at the LGB shops both countries as the on the shelf inventory decreases from the normal "supply and demand" market.

D

dennishodge

Registered
21 Feb 2018
Bellevue, WA, USA
M
Are you getting the sound system to work running in Analog/DC? I'm only running mine in Digital/DCC and sound works fine, but another person tells me he gets no sound using DC power. In fact, the LGB Owner's Instructions states, I recall, that the factory-settings have the sound set to off on the mfx decoder for DC power.

Good tip on the prices and shipping costs at Amazon.de site...…….I'll check it out. Nice thing about the MSL trains shop in Germany is they charge a flat rate 27.50 euros on the shipments to the USA. Yep, MSL has no more LGB 28443 locos in stock and says Marklin Germany has no more either. Prices will probably increase at the LGB shops both countries as the on the shelf inventory decreases from the normal "supply and demand" market.
Mine’s a garage/shed queen until the power supply comes; I haven’t even tried it yet. I do run the 2018 Factory Train Lenz type i on my indoor DC loop and it has nice sound. There’s sound on my 2017 DCC 0-4-0 electric rack loco as well. I’ll pull the big guy out and try it another time and reply again.