LGB 20215 Stainz Christmas Tree Lights Voltage?

LGB333

Hi Folks - I'm in the process of installing a Massoth LS DCC sound decoder into a customer's LGB 20215 Christmas Stainz Locomotive......there's a lighted Christmas tree on the front of the locomotive currently lite by DC/Analog power. Before I wire it to the Massoth decoder, I need to know the Christmas tree light's voltage and whether they are LED which will then require I install a resistor. If anyone has converted one of these Analog Stainz Christmas locomotives to a DCC decoder, you'll be able to provide me the information about the Christmas tree lights on the locomotive.
Thanks
Tom

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
If I recall, the PCB has a interface suitable for a eMotion L decoder and there is a daughter board for the Christmas tree lighting which is supplied from the main switch socket.

I found a pic of the internals...
20181105_201203 (Medium).jpg

LGB333

If I recall, the PCB has a interface suitable for a eMotion L decoder and there is a daughter board for the Christmas tree lighting which is supplied from the main switch socket.

View attachment 276967

View attachment 276967
Muns - Thanks for the info and picture. I didn't want to get too detailed in my posting, but the Christmas Stainz's original factory circuit boards were replaced by someone with a dcc sound decoder and the customer wants me to replace it with a Massoth LS sound decoder. So, I'm still going to need the specs for the Christmas tree lights so I can wire it properly to the LS decoder. But seeing the original circuit board setup is very interesting!

LGB333

Muns - Thanks for the info and picture. I didn't want to get too detailed in my posting, but the Christmas Stainz's original factory circuit boards were replaced by someone with a dcc sound decoder and the customer wants me to replace it with a Massoth LS sound decoder. So, I'm still going to need the specs for the Christmas tree lights so I can wire it properly to the LS decoder. But seeing the original circuit board setup is very interesting!
A member on another forum just informed me that the Christmas tree lights are LED 18 volts. That being the case, I should NOT need to install a resistor on the connection, it's probably built-in to the tree's LED unit?