Lawley and R/C

beancounter

Registered
26 Oct 2009
Shakespeare Country
Best answers
Country flag
<p>Numpty question.</p><p>I assume it would be relatively straightforward to replace the factory fitted r/c in an Accucraft Lawley with a Spectrum multi-channel unit? Just remove the receiver and replace it with the one matched to the new transmitter? (I'd like to be able to operate a whistle, so need a third channel - all your fault, Graham :) ).</p><p> Why not buy a manual one and fit r/c myself? Well, with the gradients on my line, r/c is a must, and I'd rather be able to operate The Beast straight away, than wait while I attempt to fit r/c. (I'd need to take the fitting <em><strong>very</strong> </em>slowly - 'cos I'd be scared of cocking something up). The surplus r/c unit would be used in a diesel loco, which I guess would be ok with 2-channel.</p><p>Does this sound do-able? Or is this just caffein-deprived rambling?</p><p>ta</p>

John, I take full responsibility.

Are you sure they are not fitting Spektrum as standard now? I believe they are on the Earl/Countess (I wonder how I know that...).

Worth asking John at TrackShack. Maybe you could order it specially. Seems a shame to throw away a brand new Tx/Rx

beancounter

Registered
26 Oct 2009
Shakespeare Country
Best answers
Country flag
<p>The spare r/c wouldn't be "thrown away", Graham - I never, never throw potentially useful things away. (Just ask Ruth - she can barely get her car in the garage).</p><p>I'll contact John at Trackshack; I did ask Roundhouse at the Brandon show, and they said that it was still a standard 2-channel unit supplied.</p>

beancounter - 9/11/2009 11:44 AM <p>I'll contact John at Trackshack; I did ask Roundhouse at the Brandon show, and they said that it was still a standard 2-channel unit supplied.</p><p>
</p><p>Well Roundhouse may not be the best source of info on this - it's an Accucraft:rofl: Must be that caffeine deficiency John</p><p>Oh and I only just spotted your note about using the 2-channel on a diesel. By the way, some r/c setups which look like only one or two channels have more. The Caradoc you drove only has one in use but in fact is a three-channel unit so has enough to control a whistle too.</p>

Midwalesstokie

Registered
24 Oct 2009
South Wales
Best answers
Are you sure they are not fitting Spektrum as standard now? I believe they are on the Earl/Countess (I wonder how I know that...).

You've fallen for one too have you Graham!

Sea Lion

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Isle of Man
Best answers
<p>The current batch of R/C Lawleys are 40meg twin channel (reverser and regulator), just a very few left now. When the new stock comes in approx April 2010 (or after!) 2.4GHz will be fitted as standard, subject to possible pricing revision, quite apart from VAT at 17.5%.</p><p> Happy steamings,</p><p> </p><p>John</p><p> </p>

beancounter

Registered
26 Oct 2009
Shakespeare Country
Best answers
Country flag
<p>Hi John,</p><p> thanks for that - ignore the e-mail I sent you a little while ago!</p>

beancounter

Registered
26 Oct 2009
Shakespeare Country
Best answers
Country flag
So, based on John's comments, I revert to my original question - is replacement fairly straight forward?

<p>
beancounter - 9/11/2009 2:18 PM So, based on John's comments, I revert to my original question - is replacement fairly straight forward?
</p><p>Yes, very straightforward. It would be a matter of replacing the Rx in the loco, binding it (very simple with Spektrum) and away you go.</p>

<p>
Midwalesstokie - 9/11/2009 1:34 PM
You've fallen for one too have you Graham!
</p><p>Who me?</p>

beancounter

Registered
26 Oct 2009
Shakespeare Country
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks Graham