Kirkbean Playmobil Exhibition, 2019

P

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
We started work on the layout on Sunday by painting the baseboards. There is a bit more to do now that the actual position of the track has been decided. Yesterday, Monday, was track laying day and it all went fairly smoothly. It's funny, no matter how much you plan on paper/computer and laying the track out beforehand, there is always something to change when you get to the venue! On the track laying side, smoothing out some curves on the outer, through loop, seemed a good idea as the track is within an inch or so of the edge and I don't want the 4052 leaving the track and landing on the floor.

The stations are in position and the pier/harbour, too, after a bit of redesigning. Today, it is finishing off the painting and detail laying out of buildings and vehicles etc. Opening day is Friday, so hopefully we'll get a day off to relax before then.

Here's a link to a test run of all the lines yesterday evening:

Reactions: trammayo
voodoopenguin

voodoopenguin

Registered
20 Jul 2015
Blofield, Norfolk
Wonderful. Are all the accessories Playmobil? Apart from an ambulance, palm trees and several figures I don't have anything so need to look out for more if I exhibit again.

Paul

P

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Wonderful. Are all the accessories Playmobil? Apart from an ambulance, palm trees and several figures I don't have anything so need to look out for more if I exhibit again.

Paul
Yes, all Playmobil, although some are customs I have made up an others are old Playmobil.

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Always worth a look on the PM Webb Site as sometimes nice Buildings or even extensions are offered at good prices.

P

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks

Paul
Paul, I am slimming down my Playmobil collection so if you contact me about what you are looking for I may be able to help.

-bbbb

-bbbb

Registered
21 Dec 2017
Idaho
The dock looks interesting. Looking forward to see the completed layout. How big are these exhibitions? How many layouts? How many people show up?

Xav204

Xav204

Registered
26 Jul 2017
Marseille FRANCE
Sounds like this layout will be the success of this exhibition.
You made good work to complete 2052,
bravo !

P

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Sounds like this layout will be the success of this exhibition.
You made good work to complete 2052,
bravo !
Thank you, it wll be good if it is, but it has a lot of non-train competition.

4052 not quite complete. I want to get hold of some repro Hornby O gauge decals for NORD too finish it off. French seems as good as any. The LMS on the tender is just a test to see how it looked.

P

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Well, another year gone and here's a link to a video tour of the finished layout:

I'll post some photos of the layout and the other displays shortly.

Xav204

Xav204

Registered
26 Jul 2017
Marseille FRANCE
"Fantastic, absolutely fantastic"
All the details to be seen, the atmosphere, the possibility to see a train travelling a lot, from all directions

I'm sure that this year's edition has been yet another success :clap:

voodoopenguin

voodoopenguin

Registered
20 Jul 2015
Blofield, Norfolk
Excellent display, I need to up my game!

Paul

Madman

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
I have three of the Panorama coaches. All of them have tinted windows. I noticed one of yours has clear windows. I would rather have the clear as I have fully loaded the cars with people. It would be nice to be able to see them.

Reactions: playmofire
P

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
"Fantastic, absolutely fantastic"
All the details to be seen, the atmosphere, the possibility to see a train travelling a lot, from all directions

I'm sure that this year's edition has been yet another success :clap:
Thank you, Xav. Yes, the show was a success, although takings were down a bit compared with last year, but there is still a good sum to go to the village hall for work on it.

P

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Excellent display, I need to up my game!

Paul
Thank you, Paul. Remember, the excellence of the displays is shown in the enjoyment you get out of making them and the pleasure those looking at them receive.

P

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
I have three of the Panorama coaches. All of them have tinted windows. I noticed one of yours has clear windows. I would rather have the clear as I have fully loaded the cars with people. It would be nice to be able to see them.
The one with clear windows was the first one I bought. The others, as you say, have tinted windows and a spare set of windows I bought are also tinted. I have a feeling that the tinting fades a bit over time, but it is certainly a nuisance where you have passengers or other detailing inside. In the one with clear windows, I have lamps (not working ones) on the tables and other details such as cups and saucers. I have similar plans for the others but maybe I will have to add lighting for the details to show up.

-bbbb

-bbbb

Registered
21 Dec 2017
Idaho
There were lots of points of interest in the layout. The guy wiping the bench was funny. Also, the sacks of oats and meal seemed awfully close to the petrol, which could have left a bad taste from the fumes.

P

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
There were lots of points of interest in the layout. The guy wiping the bench was funny. Also, the sacks of oats and meal seemed awfully close to the petrol, which could have left a bad taste from the fumes.
Thank you for your kind comments.

The figure wiping the bench with his handkerchief is a nod to the US sitcom Frasier where Niles (Fraiser psychiatrist brother always wipes the chair with a white hankie before sitting down.

As for the sacks of foodstuffs and the petrol, 100 years ago things were different. Did you notice the grey cat sitting on the counter next to the fish?

-bbbb

-bbbb

Registered
21 Dec 2017
Idaho
As for the sacks of foodstuffs and the petrol, 100 years ago things were different. Did you notice the grey cat sitting on the counter next to the fish?
I didn't notice. will have to take another look. there is a lot going on in there.

P

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
I didn't notice. will have to take another look. there is a lot going on in there.
Hopefully, photos will follow tonight or tomorrow now I've finished weeding 25 metres of hedge (although I have to put down 50 to 100mm of bark out tomorrow under it).

Last edited:
P

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
So here we go with some photos of the display.

First I'll show the pier head and dock area, which also includes the small beach.

Attachments

Reactions: trammayo