Indoor Track/Rolling Stock Storage

S

spurs123

led zep spurs lgb
24 Oct 2009
st albans
Stainzmeister - 20/11/2009 8:05 PM

55.5 - 20/11/2009 7:59 PM

Begs the question, How many G-Scale Millionaires are there?
Mmm...........in HO scale there's Rod Stewart
In O gauge there's Pete Waterman..........

Dunno about G scale
phil collins ho
neil young not sure what gauge but think he is something to do with lionel

Steve

Steve

I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was b
Staff member
GSC Moderator
1 Jan 1970
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
Neil young dances on the cieling

mike

mike

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.lazygrangebay.co.uk
<p>
Steve - 20/11/2009 9:09 PM Being rich is not always in money it could be friends and family
</p><p>ah, im the richest kid on da block then:D </p><p>its not taxable is it???:eek: </p>

Steve

Steve

I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was b
Staff member
GSC Moderator
1 Jan 1970
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
Oh yes , but only if you short :D :rofl:

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
For storage of Rolling Stock you cannot beat a nice Shed, I have two where my stock sits. Because I like to do Timetable Running it would be a real pain to have to drag all my stock out every time I operate. I know as at my previous house I had todo just that. So operations did not occur as much as I would have liked. Locomotives ALL live indoors, but as I normally need only 3 or 4 for my operations it is not too much of a problem to drag some out. If I do an ad-hoc train playing session then just one loco works fine.

Re possibility of MTS being knocked out by Storms. yes I ALWAYS UNPLUG my kit after an operating session. But I must move my MTS Set up into my shed with the de-Humidifier ASAP. This was a very good point well made. Having said that, the MTS has been in a not very dry shed for around 5 years so far.

Great thread with loads of important and interesting stuff.
JonD

Richie

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
All my stock is kept in my garage , most of my rolling stock is kept in it's boxes on old shelving units the first lot of wagons i had i left out of there boxes to make running trains easier but found these got very dusty. All my locos are left out of there boxes as putting them in and out of boxes resulted in damaged locos :wits: they are stored in old bedroom furniture from the kids bedroom . The only problem that i find is in cold weather the garage gets condinsation on the ceiling which drips on the boxes and make things damp, on some metal parts on my locos like the hand rails they have turned white so i now wrap bubble wrap round my locos in the winter months .

steinman

steinman

Comfortably Numb
24 Oct 2009
Cleveleys, Blackpool
I to got fed up with trecking in and out with stock, so two holes were cut into the back of the garage, inside there are two passing loops and four storage sidings

steinman

steinman

Comfortably Numb
24 Oct 2009
Cleveleys, Blackpool
The entrance to the garage, this is an old pic, the pipes are now hidden with scenery