How to post pictures from Picasa

Beddhist

Beddhist

Motorcycle travel, trains
16 Oct 2013
Glenbervie, NZ
beddha.free.fr
First, open your Picasa album in a web page, not the program on your computer: https://picasaweb.google.com/ You may have to log in with your Google account.

Click the album, then the picture you want. It will look like this:

65020_0abaeb67fcc37f12e4176a4e0b43cf5d.jpg

Notice on the right, where it says "Link to this Photo"? Don't use this!

Instead, right-click the picture. What you see next depends a bit on your browser. I use Firefox and I get this context menu:

65024_ce159cc0ec096623f1f8938310426ff8.jpg

Click the highlighted choice. The picture's direct link is now on your clipboard.

Now, start a post or reply here on GSC, if you haven't done so already. Click the image button just above the text box:

65025_14ad6f50ff5db12ab04124674d38d568.jpg

In the box that opens, paste the URL (link) that you just copied:

65026_05f57aa7c0a8e97718a3710c759d4a94.jpg

Click Insert, et voila:

peterbunce

peterbunce

1880's Colorado Narrow gauge on 45mm track
29 Oct 2009
east of manchester
Hi Beddist,

Thank you for the reply - very helpful

Here is a photo of the other scratch built Mason, the small one finished as number 12 'Como' that is a town in the 'South Park' of Colorado, and is at an elevation of 7000ft - it is basically a huge valley. From the the railraod when over Boreas Pass and the Aline tunnel the pass being at 11000 feet, and the tunnel at 11500 feet.

The railroad at first used the Eames vacumn brake - soon it was changed the the much more suitable Westinghouse Air brake, Como has the Westinghouse system. At such heights vacumn brake were not much good at all!

The lcoo is shown just leaving on the scratch built Howe Truss which is 4 foot long, made from solid foam plastic, with a couple of square section steel tubes underneath it and welding rods for the vertical tie rods. Plasticard is used for the trim, with the nuts being made from 1.5mm square strip cut to make cubes - lots of them!

Four foot is the maximum - otherwise unless you have longer arms than me, you cannot get to the centre above four feet.

The trestle is made from Cedar strips from an old 'Alton' greenhouse; it was 30 years old and just beginning to fail at the lower corners.Note the silver aluminum strips on top of the trestles - taken from the famed Rio Grande Southern; made from sheet from old drink cans - Fosters if I can find them - the local kids discard then everywhere! Cut off the tops with a slitting saw AND wear safety glasses, use the lowest one for a paint mixing palette, and discard the other. The tube that you have can be cut with scissors - your own, NOT those belonging to SWMBO, and straighten the sheet against the lower edge of a table. The sheets are very useful.

Yours Peter.

Last edited:
Reactions: stockers
peterbunce

peterbunce

1880's Colorado Narrow gauge on 45mm track
29 Oct 2009
east of manchester
This is a copy of the reply from me to how to POST A PHOTO - and it works -I have copied it to make it into a 'Sticky' message as I think it ought to be and will be a help to all

Thank you to Beddhist for sorting it out; Picasa is a photo indexing program that is FREE for those that are not aware of it.

Yours Peter

Copy starts ----

#1 Beddhist, Yesterday at 9:28 PM
New First, open your Picasa album in a web page, not the program on your computer: https://picasaweb.google.com/ You may have to log in with your Google account.

Click the album, then the picture you want. It will look like this:

Notice on the right, where it says "Link to this Photo"? Don't use this!

Instead, right-click the picture. What you see next depends a bit on your browser. I use Firefox and I get this context menu:

Click the highlighted choice. The picture's direct link is now on your clipboard.

Now, start a post or reply here on GSC, if you haven't done so already. Click the image button just above the text box:

In the box that opens, paste the URL (link) that you just copied:

Click Insert, et voila:

Regards,
Peter

Northland, NZ -

Copy ends and Thank you Peter.

Beddhist

Beddhist

Motorcycle travel, trains
16 Oct 2013
Glenbervie, NZ
beddha.free.fr
You are very welcome.

But I don't understand how replying to my post and quoting it makes it into a sticky? I think only a moderator can make it sticky.