Hartland Locomotive Works HLW are closing down

G

g-bits

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Thought I'd add an update on supply, having spoken to Phil Jensen today.

New manufacture is stopped, the molds etc. are mothballed and no more will be assembled in anything like the immediate future. In terms of complete RTR product there's whatever the factory/retailers have in stock, and when it's gone it's gone.

For spare parts, there are also the contents of the factory parts bins, which means that Phil can get most things to order. You might be unlucky, and X part not be available in the colour you want, but in general there's a modest supply of most things for servicing or to repair accident damage.

With the motor blocks, production shut-down means no more complete units are going to be made in foreseeable future. I have reasonable stocks of both types that I sell, and the parts to maintain and repair them, so I expect to be able to list them for at least the rest of the year. But eventually they'll run out. I'll follow my standard practice and stop selling before stock actually reaches zero, so that there are spares/replacements available to back up my warranty on even the 'last' units purchased.

I think that's it. Hopefully this will only be a hiatus and we'll see HLW back in due course.

Jonathan
g-bits.co.uk