dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
i decided to do this thread to simplify all that I keep,posting on here. This ine will be of Vids that I find outside of other posts that have a good theme and include interest in build.

1st Up
A build of a rather nice US based Garden Line (or is it Canada?). My knowledge of the orher side of the pond is not perfect. I rather like the Train Shed which has great use for storing excess stock though I would not keep Locomotives in such a Shed overnight. Also of note is the extensive use of 8's and the self holding Blocks that make construction so much quicker. In fact this guy had a test train running in justbover 4 minutes! Plus note many of the Cable runs and mains pre placed with a well thought out plan. Much to learn here.

Reactions: 1 user

spoz

What do I do? What I'm told by SWMBO
27 Oct 2011
Adelaide, South Australia
Best answers
Country flag
He’s in Arkansas, which is still in the US so far as I know! Nice layout, though. Presume there’s no copyright issue?

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
.........Presume there’s no copyright issue?

If it's up on Youtubby, then I think it's automatically in the public domain..... at least if all you're doing is posting a link to it, not actually copying the vid and reposting it somewhere else entirely!
Looks to be interesting, must find time to watch it all; bit of a shame that the first thing you see in the titles is "GARDAN" instead of Garden.....

Jon.

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
If it's up on Youtubby, then I think it's automatically in the public domain..... at least if all you're doing is posting a link to it, not actually copying the vid and reposting it somewhere else entirely!
Looks to be interesting, must find time to watch it all; bit of a shame that the first thing you see in the titles is "GARDAN" instead of Garden.....

Jon.
You tube does have an option to Post Vids Privately so if it is visible then all are fair game to link to so far as I am concerned.

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Now this is what I call a Garden Railway, operation a little limited with only 2 points. But wow.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
New YORK elevated one this time, some super footage dated 1929 with even a little bit of Steam. I wonder if they were Thorne’s as NY did have them in the L. One of the curves and Stations was around 100ft, amazing with glimpses of a Tram and lots of Double Decker Busses. Must watch Vid in my view.

Reactions: 5 users

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
New YORK elevated one this time, some super footage dated 1929 with even a little bit of Steam. I wonder if they were Thorne’s as NY did have them in the L. One of the curves and Stations was around 100ft, amazing with glimpses of a Tram and lots of Double Decker Busses. Must watch Vid in my view.

Interesting shots. Those small steam locos seem to have been quite powerful judging by the amount of cars being hauled. Another thing was that some of the driving cars had the balcony in front instead of the cab coming right to the front of car. That would make modelling a working El system very easy!

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
TRAIN MOUNTAIN OREGON.
Found this whilst idly surfing You Tube. Whilst this is a Training Video some of the procedures and concepts will help us to Operate our lines in a much more defined way. After all we do not wish to trash our expensive Locomotives and Stock do we? Also looks like a great place to visit if you are anywhere near Oregon.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
If that's the 'starting grid', imagine the carnage at the first two corners! :eek::rofl::rofl::rofl:

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
One of the North Yorks Moors Gala showing a Spam doing its thing, look very carefully around 1.45 how it stayed on the Rails I will never know. A 5MPH Restriction should have been implemented here me thinks. Just makes you realise how effective Springing is, though I could imagine a few broken ones with track that bad. Thank goodness the Light Railway Order only allows a max speed of 25mph.

Edit sorry forgot link!

Last edited:

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
No link Jon??

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Not seen many that I have had the inspiration to post recently, but this one really got my goat. N Gauge but what a layout, typically runs Trains of 1-200 Cars. The Ebola Yard holds I think it was 2500 Cars. Now that would take some Shunting out! Room size in the Basement would make a great space for G Scale so consider what can be done in N and this guy has done it. Plus all the Off-Line Stock including many Countries, spied a collection of UK N Gauge in one of them. Awesome makes my own efforts seam insignificant.

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
If anyone you know says that they cannot afford the price of a Model Railway send them this link. Probably not much good to leave outside all the time with the Track being made by Cardboard, but what a clever cheep Train Set.

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Not a Railway Build, but I would love to trundle Down St.Neots High Street Driving something like this. I envisage using an old Andrew Barclay Industrial Tank Loco as a starting point to build one. Well when I win the Euro Millions!

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Whole new meaning to 'sticking the nose out'!
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
So you have not got room for a G scale railway or 16mm but want live steam? Here is your answer:-

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Went to Dortmund show back in the naughties, judging by the vid the standard is still very high. Enjoy

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
This ine was recommended in the latest 16mm Today mag, interesting as it shows some of recently deceased Jim Wild a well known early 16mm guy, Bloodnock and a converted Wizzy Cranks. Not sure how that was managed as the line looks to be 32mm Gauge. Also a rather nicely tamed Merlin Loco, my 2 former Merlin 0-4-0’s were pretty well similarly well behaved.