G scale signals

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Those old time LGB Bavarian Signals (see post #19) are quite nice, you can just make out my only one in this pic Just behind the second Blue Van from the left. Well weathered with Rust by the patented ‘Casey Jones’ System of Rust application. Was bought quite cheep at a 16mm event probably a couple of Years or so ago.
136554_23e6f582c9057d993cb3127ec64cb6bf.jpeg

Anyone who want to know that ‘Casey Jones’ rusting method, sprinkle Iron Filings or if none of them squeeze Iron Wool to get bits over the Plastic that has had a liberal dose of Vinegar. Leave out overnight and by magic you get Rusty Plastic.

Last edited:
P

Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Cambrian Models also have a signal parts kit.
Signal Parts

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

25 Oct 2009
L
apologies if this has been discussed on another thread.

Does anybody know where I can buy, G scale signals at a reasonable price, (after at least 10 of them). My only specifications are that they weather proof, and can be changed using a switch somehow. (So they can be operated in the same place, from my control panel.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated
Lots of options here but Simon has not really intimated what kind of Signals he is looking for, Colour Light, or Analog? If low price is required and of a German look then the Playmobil ones are pretty good value. They could be made to work from LGB Point Motors or Air as I have done. Another option would be to hand make Signals with Brass Tube and Flat Stock for arms again using similar controls. Wire and odd Metal can be used for the Actuation method from whatever is driven (LGB Motor or Air Motor) x the Control Panel.

PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
You could also use solenoids (point-motors, perhaps?), servo's (with, or without radio-control), even small motors (though you would need limit switches etc. for this option)..

Or you just screw a bit of 'lolly-stick' to another bit of wood. Plant it in the ground, and use the 'hand of god' (intentional lower-case) when you feel like moving it.. :eek::tmi:
:giggle:

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

25 Oct 2009
You could also use solenoids (point-motors, perhaps?), servo's (with, or without radio-control), even small motors (though you would need limit switches etc. for this option)..

Or you just screw a bit of 'lolly-stick' to another bit of wood. Plant it in the ground, and use the 'hand of god' (intentional lower-case) when you feel like moving it.. :eek::tmi:
:giggle:
But he did say he wants to operate them all from the same place. Not so sure how servos or small motors would survive in the Garden without some serious protection. Have to say my Air System has all been outside now since 2000 with no problems at all.