• Thread starter casey jones snr
  • Start date
Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Jeez, only back ten minutes and he's at it again :D
Gotta spend some of the money before anyone else in the house gets their grubby mitts on it... :D

It will be my first and only railway-related purchase for over a year, so I think I'm (over)due a little treat!

Jon.

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Waiting for return phonecall from insurance company about my recently sat-on specs.....................................................................................25 minutes and counting, so far. 'Customer satisfaction? Nil points.

However, while waiting I received another call from a little girl robot, the gist of which went like this - 'hello, with regard to your recent amazon transaction please be advised that you ave been charged £126 for this service, please press one the make payment yadda yadda yadda....'

At that point I put the phone down. Then I 1471'd it - seems there was no such call registered...

V. strange.
The scammers have ways of making your phone display (if you have one) showing a realistic UK number, so it's probably no surprise that they also have ways of making their nuisance calls disappear - very few, if any of them, are in this country.

JimmyB

JimmyB

Semi-Retired; more time for trains.
The scammers have ways of making your phone display (if you have one) showing a realistic UK number, so it's probably no surprise that they also have ways of making their nuisance calls disappear - very few, if any of them, are in this country.
Had two similar calls, where the number was not a "correct number" the first hung up, the later one was about the car accident I had, odd I haven't owned a car since 1995!

ebay mike

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Phwoar - call me Dave territory that, probably cost you an arm and a leg :whew::whew: but you're right, it's got to be worth it

Morning sunny - tree feller visited this morning (OK, he was on his own) 'cos one of our neighbours has been having nightmares over our silver birch tree at the bottom of the garden. The pre-decessor in that bungalow also moaned about it, and both of them moved into the bungalow in the clear knowledge that the tree was there.

It's a healthy tree, and a healthy size, but we may bite the bullet and get it trimmed £240 to knock the height down by 12 foot and to re-shape the crown isn't bad, and this is from a respected tree surgeon in the area.

Had a bit of a brain-wave last night; just off to da shed to find a 470 ohm resistor :cool:
Building a chain-saw?

chasaitch

chasaitch

chasaitch
17 Feb 2016
Banburyshire OX155LF
Morning All

Follow up consultation with the eye surgeon went well yesterday. I now have to wait five weeks to get measured up for some specks. He has recommended an optician that he refers all of his difficult glaucoma patients to, who he trusts to get the best possible prescription for the patient. It will mean a trip to Chipping Norton which is a bit of a hike for a pair of specs, but I think I'm worth the effort. I will then have another consultation with the surgeon in two months time to monitor the glaucoma and associated eye drops.

Choice of the Day is a crop, straightening and exposure tweak of a pic previously posted by mike, 17.12.2012. You can click on the link below to get back to the original post.
https://www.gscalecentral.net/threads/thursday-the-17th-of-december.306310/

View attachment 272517

David
I wonder who you off to see in Chippy? I had the call from my optician this morning that my glasses after cataract surgery are ready to be collected , so am off to Chippy to fetch. Mind you I only live in Hooky.

Madman

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Good Day All. Looks like a very nice weekend is in store for us here in Southeastern PA. Wait, that means the Covid:( numbers will definitely be up in the following weeks.....

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Had two similar calls, where the number was not a "correct number" the first hung up, the later one was about the car accident I had, odd I haven't owned a car since 1995!
Yes, I haven't worked out what the car accident scam is all about - s'just a pain in the aspidistra :punch::punch:

David1226

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
I wonder who you off to see in Chippy? I had the call from my optician this morning that my glasses after cataract surgery are ready to be collected , so am off to Chippy to fetch. Mind you I only live in Hooky.
I have not received the details yet, all I know is that the optician's name is Chris. I will update you when I know and we can put the details under the microscope, although I would not want to make a spectacle of myself. I guess it would be funnier if the optician's name was Len, then we could say 'I'm off to Len's to get some glasses'..

David

Sean.

Sean.

Hmmmm
5 Oct 2017
Boston & Cocagne NB (not enough)
Hopfu
I have not received the details yet, all I know is that the optician's name is Chris. I will update you when I know and we can put the details under the microscope, although I would not want to make a spectacle of myself. I guess it would be funnier if the optician's name was Len, then we could say 'I'm off to Len's to get some glasses'..

David
What happens when ... you get Chris cross ... ?

Chris Vernell

Chris Vernell

Certified
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
G'day, all :hi:. Especially Sean, for reminding me it's :rock: Friday :rock:. Not that that makes much difference to an old retired fart loike Oi.
Bright shiny morning, perfect for outdoor projects, but Herself has other ideas ...
Ma Nature may piddle later.
Phone scams, email scams ... par for the course these days :fubar:. May they all rot playing solitaire (and losing every game) in a very hot spot with no wifi :devil:.
Onward :nerd:

steinman

steinman

Comfortably Numb
24 Oct 2009
Cleveleys, Blackpool
Wait, 04/09, it should mean something to me. Hmm. Oh yeah! SWMBO has a birthday today, don't ask me how old as I can never remember my age plus five.
In light of this momentous occasion I will be receiving two Wallace and Gromit T-shirts (she got a smartwatch for her physical workouts) so I think we will be equal - right up until she pays the bill for the Chinky for the family tonight >:)
So your a toy boy then Puggsy, an older ladies love toy

ebay mike

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.

David
Lenz? Bit cryptic that, might need decoding.

pugwash

pugwash

impecunious pirate
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
So your a toy boy then Puggsy, an older ladies love toy
Batteries not included :nerd:
Well I wouldn't want to go into the details >:), but basically to us the 5 year difference never, or rarely, crops up and no one else notices until birthdays are mentioned. :inlove:
As for the old coot of the pair, that would be me. Nuttier than a fruitcake, she only has MS, I am on the speed dial list of the chemist :(

Chris Vernell

Chris Vernell

Certified
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Well I wouldn't want to go into the details >:), but basically to us the 5 year difference never, or rarely, crops up and no one else notices until birthdays are mentioned. :inlove:
All my sisters were/are older than their men, and my brother is a few years younger than his spouse. I, the odd* one out, am not quite a year older than Herself.
My father was 12 years older than my mother. And but for the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere, it is unlikely they would have met.

*We will not discuss quite how odd, thank you.

Anglian

Anglian

Registered
23 Jul 2018
Armagh
(gotta start filling that empty space on the shelf!)....

Oh dear, I'm putting new shelves in an otherwise relatively empty shed. Mind you, it would look good decorated with some red boxes.
Trevor

Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex

Oh dear, I'm putting new shelves in an otherwise relatively empty shed. Mind you, it would look good decorated with some red boxes.
Trevor
Don't worry, they'll fill up in no time.... it just seems to be a Law of Nature!

Jon.

P

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston

Trevor
Well keep quiet about it, Mike might get there before you

Anglian

Anglian

Registered
23 Jul 2018
Armagh
Oh yes. I remember the saying that nature abhors a vacuum. Or was that, man abhors a vacuum cleaner?

Chris Vernell

Chris Vernell

Certified
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
... Or was that, man abhors a vacuum cleaner?
Yes, there are some machines that are clearly better operated by women.
But no one told my wife ...
:tmi: