Friday 4th September 2020.

• Thread starter casey jones snr
  • Start date
casey jones snr

casey jones snr

Registered
Good morning folks. It’s dark, dry and mild here in Northwest Leicestershire, another dry day is forecast for this area today.
I will be at the CFR all day today, I intend to have a private running session.
Another picture from the CFR archives:-
94D45874-FCF9-45C9-89D3-54E29327DFEA.jpeg
A busy morning at Priory Station.

Reactions: 1 users
P

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Morning folks. Another grey start to the day, although it's due to rain later. Nearly finished the painting of my second coach, only one more to go!

Nodrog1826

Nodrog1826

Professional Idiot
21 Nov 2013
United Kingdom
Morning Folks.

Bit of a night of disturbed sleep, only just woken up again.

Something from the distant past...

P5230061.JPG

• Wow
palstig

palstig

Registered
12 Sep 2016
Rushden
Good morning,

Off to walk the dog this morning and then hoping that Hermes will send me a parcel with some goods wagons. It's always exciting to receive a parcel. My wife has received so many during lockdown and I'm way behind her in the "who's received the most parcels" competition :)

Paul

David1226

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Morning All

Follow up consultation with the eye surgeon went well yesterday. I now have to wait five weeks to get measured up for some specks. He has recommended an optician that he refers all of his difficult glaucoma patients to, who he trusts to get the best possible prescription for the patient. It will mean a trip to Chipping Norton which is a bit of a hike for a pair of specs, but I think I'm worth the effort. I will then have another consultation with the surgeon in two months time to monitor the glaucoma and associated eye drops.

Choice of the Day is a crop, straightening and exposure tweak of a pic previously posted by mike, 17.12.2012. You can click on the link below to get back to the original post.
https://www.gscalecentral.net/threads/thursday-the-17th-of-december.306310/

200904 151217 mike.jpg

David

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Morning all, I got a lovely parcel of 5 Peco G points and some track bits yesterday. Thanks Simon MaybachMD. Will probably be laying them in the Garden today as I have a plan to regurgitate some of my Peco Live Frog converted points to the loft for the Railway that will be built up there some time. Already have 3 leftover from my collecting points for this line back when I built it so a total of 8 should give 2 workable Stations. Fiddle yard will be LGB R1’s so out of sight. Nice start to the day if it lasts.

mike

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Morning world, IMG_20200831_125410.jpg

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
It will mean a trip to Chipping Norton which is a bit of a hike for a pair of specs,
Phwoar - call me Dave territory that, probably cost you an arm and a leg :whew::whew: but you're right, it's got to be worth it

Morning sunny - tree feller visited this morning (OK, he was on his own) 'cos one of our neighbours has been having nightmares over our silver birch tree at the bottom of the garden. The pre-decessor in that bungalow also moaned about it, and both of them moved into the bungalow in the clear knowledge that the tree was there.

It's a healthy tree, and a healthy size, but we may bite the bullet and get it trimmed £240 to knock the height down by 12 foot and to re-shape the crown isn't bad, and this is from a respected tree surgeon in the area.

Had a bit of a brain-wave last night; just off to da shed to find a 470 ohm resistor :cool:

PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Good morning, All!

I finally won a 'finger-slip' yesterday.. - Have been quite good lately.. Setting a figure, then forgetting about the item. :)
Weather:
Wot Paul (Casey) said..

Today ... I will mainly be havin' me 'air cut.. - And gettin' something from the vets.. And gettin' the dodgy tyre replaced on the car..
Then (SW permitting) I have some speed controllers to test.. .. .. :wondering::nerd::nerd:

David1226

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
It's a healthy tree, and a healthy size, but we may bite the bullet and get it trimmed £240 to knock the height down by 12 foot and to re-shape the crown isn't bad, and this is from a respected tree surgeon in the area.
As was the case with my eyes, it pays to have a top surgeon on the case.

David

Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Mornin' all!

I had a "finger slip" moment last night as well, on German eBay (gotta start filling that empty space on the shelf!)....

Jon.

pugwash

pugwash

impecunious pirate
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Wait, 04/09, it should mean something to me. Hmm. Oh yeah! SWMBO has a birthday today, don't ask me how old as I can never remember my age plus five.
In light of this momentous occasion I will be receiving two Wallace and Gromit T-shirts (she got a smartwatch for her physical workouts) so I think we will be equal - right up until she pays the bill for the Chinky for the family tonight >:)

David1226

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
But they are rather out on a limb ..............
Yes, I must bough to your knowledge in these matters, I had not twigged it, but wood yew believe that some had branched out. I must make a trunk call to root some out, unless of course I'm barking up the wrong tree, I would not want to appear a bit of a sap, I'll leaf it there.

David

tac foley

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Waiting for return phonecall from insurance company about my recently sat-on specs.....................................................................................25 minutes and counting, so far. 'Customer satisfaction? Nil points.

However, while waiting I received another call from a little girl robot, the gist of which went like this - 'hello, with regard to your recent amazon transaction please be advised that you ave been charged £126 for this service, please press one the make payment yadda yadda yadda....'

At that point I put the phone down. Then I 1471'd it - seems there was no such call registered...

V. strange.

Last edited:
pugwash

pugwash

impecunious pirate
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Mornin' all!

I had a "finger slip" moment last night as well, on German eBay (gotta start filling that empty space on the shelf!)....

Jon.
Jeez, only back ten minutes and he's at it again :D