• Thread starter casey jones snr
  • Start date
Madman

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Good Day All.

Don't we all tire of tire issues.....Not the stories, mind you, but the actual tire. Didn't want to offend anyone.....:oops:

CharlieBear

CharlieBear

Registered
7 Apr 2020
Didsbury
Afternoon all,

Cracking picture Casey

Anyone in the Bristol area expecting any red boxes etc?

Dear Customer,

Due to the evacuation of staff at our Bristol Mail Centre and Bath Delivery Office in the early hours of today, as the result of an ongoing security incident, mail processing has been severely affected.

As a result, we're sorry that mail due for delivery in the BS, BA, GL and TA postcode areas today will be subject to delay.

Reactions: 1 users
Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
My last tyre episode was actually the wheel structure failing
Yes, I've only managed that with a trailer - one that we frequently dipped in the water to launch a boat ;);)

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Looking at that photo of Tau station platform they must have had some amazing carriages - or parachutes!
I've been trying to work out exactly what I'm looking at :think::think:

Chris Vernell

Chris Vernell

Certified
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
G'day, all. Ol' Sol is back :cool:, but we are definitely into fall weather. Time to start trimming the plant life for winter :(.
Two Hydro guys came out the other day to check the transformer in the backyard. They made no fuss about the branch line -- I removed a couple of sections to let them get to their task.
Onward :nerd:.

P

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
All that work and no comments at all? I would have camped in your garden until you'd let have me have a play, sorry test!

Chris Vernell

Chris Vernell

Certified
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Yes, I've only managed that with a trailer - one that we frequently dipped in the water to launch a boat ;);)
Around here, it's the alloy wheels that cause trouble: they can't stand up to the winter road salt/chemicals and potholes, so most people have their winter tires on steel rims. Me, it's steel rims winter and summer.
IIRC, I've experienced one leaky rim seal -- garage took care of that lickety-split. Roofing nails are my bane: They seem to get everywhere.

Alpineandy

Alpineandy

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Alpennines
Well day started off sunny and warm till dinner. Clouds rolled in and wind got up......
Got in a little running session tho,

IMG_20200911_104552720.jpg

IMG_20200911_104525413.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
tac foley

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Meanwhile, near Medford, Oregon ......and yes, that IS a DC-10 airliner conversion to water tanker.

1599836198930.png

and people are getting seen and caught lighting fires.

P

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Would be funny if they caught under that little lot, it'll certainly dampen their enthusiasm for arson

Chris Vernell

Chris Vernell

Certified
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Would be funny if they caught under that little lot, it'll certainly dampen their enthusiasm for arson
They'd probably raise a stink because their rights were violated

Gizzy

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Good evening from sunny Cambridge.

Home from the late shift.

All this talk of tyres and potholes! I had to take my Golf to the garage today whilst at work, as I heard a strange noise which i thought might be a brake pad.

Turned out to be a broken front spring! Anyhow, all repaired and the brakes were checked for me too since next week, Mizzy and I are dragging the caravan up to Sheringham mid week, for the 40's weekend.

Trilby is packed along with my spiv suit.... o_O

tac foley

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
I would never have guessed from your writings here that you were a caravannista.

casey jones snr

casey jones snr

Registered
Good evening from sunny Cambridge.

Home from the late shift.

All this talk of tyres and potholes! I had to take my Golf to the garage today whilst at work, as I heard a strange noise which i thought might be a brake pad.

Turned out to be a broken front spring! Anyhow, all repaired and the brakes were checked for me too since next week, Mizzy and I are dragging the caravan up to Sheringham mid week, for the 40's weekend.

Trilby is packed along with my spiv suit.... o_O
Is it just the town that’s doing the 40’s weekend Gizzy? According to the North Norfolk Railway Website they have cancelled their 40’s event.

Chris Vernell

Chris Vernell

Certified
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
The dogs bark but the caravan moves on.

Gizzy

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Is it just the town that’s doing the 40’s weekend Gizzy? According to the North Norfolk Railway Website they have cancelled their 40’s event.
Yes Paul,

I don't think it is an official event anymore, but we reckon there will still be a few caravaners at Incleboro' Fields who will be dressing up for the weekend.

We went there the week you were up in Cromer, and the NNR said that although the event was cancelled, they still thought that there would be plenty of regular visitors who would still turn up suitably dressed.

In fact there were a few souls who were in their 40's fashion on the day we were there....

Gizzy

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
I would never have guessed from your writings here that you were a caravannista.
Only in a very small way?

We have 'Dinky Winky'....

Dinky.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
In fact there were a few souls who were in their 40's fashion on the day we were there....

Normal for Norfolk :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: