Friday 11th September 2020.

• Thread starter casey jones snr
  • Start date
casey jones snr

casey jones snr

Registered
Good morning folks. It’s dark, dry and mild here in Northwest Leicestershire, another fine day is forecast for this area today.
I’m up and about early due to the quietness outside. The road is closed and most traffic diverted, so it’s peaceful and I’m used to the constant background noise of traffic.
I will be at the CFR all day today, I intend to have a private running session.
Another picture from the CFR archives:-
89CE24FE-F67C-41AE-9545-A74AC4E1A7BC.jpeg
Freda departing the shed at Priory Exchange halt.

Reactions: 1 users
Nodrog1826

Nodrog1826

Professional Idiot
21 Nov 2013
United Kingdom
Morning Paul/Folks.

Must have been distracted the last few days, missed a couple of things on here i should have noticed.

One of my pictures tweeked by David, and a picture of a famous early railway bridge by Alpine Andy, did anyone guess it was Causey Arch, as i could not find it with a search?

Think i need to keep up with things better than i am.

Anyhow a picture...

IMG_20180601_180302.jpg

...seeing how things work out on paper.;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user
dunnyrail

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Morning Gordon Paul and all. Sunny and a bit cooler in the nits today.

David1226

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Morning All

My Choice of the Day for today is a slight exposure tweak of a pic previously posted by KentKeith, 2.1.2016. You can click on the link below to get back to the original post.
Saturday 2nd January 2016. - G Scale Central

200911 160102 KentKeoth.jpg

David

Reactions: 1 user
palstig

palstig

Registered
12 Sep 2016
Rushden
Good morning. from Northamptonshire. Bit cool this morning when I walked Freddie, even with a cardigan on (me, not the dog. That would look stupid). Hoping for some nice weather this weekend.

Paul

Anglian

Anglian

Registered
23 Jul 2018
Armagh
Good morning from a dull County Armagh. I've been earmarked for wall prepping before the wall pampering man comes next week. It's going to be some operation as that part of the house is old with some dampness so this requires anti damp paint, foil, lining paper and top paper. This is SWMBO territory, which I try to keep well away from. I'll do my bit then escape to the shed.
Have a good day.
Trevor

Tau station. Dour valley. IMG_20190407_180958_kindlephoto-280961662.jpg

Anglian

Anglian

Registered
23 Jul 2018
Armagh
'pampering' was a typo, but still appropriate in this case.

P

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Morning folks, after embarrassing myself yesterday on this august forum with an obviously totally wrong calculation, I'm going to do the decent thing and blame my equipment, and buy a new calculator ! Second day of my holiday so won't be doing much, but I have finished my second coach repaint, only one more to do:party:

Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Morning all, didn't have to be up quite so stupidly early today.... ;)

Jon.

PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Good morning, All!
Dull-ish..

Need to go back to my tyre-man.. No matter how I park it, there seems to be a problem at the bottom? - New tyre going flat in 48 hours.. :rolleyes:

David1226

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Good morning, All!
Dull-ish..

Need to go back to my tyre-man.. No matter how I park it, there seems to be a problem at the bottom? - New tyre going flat in 48 hours.. :rolleyes:
I hope you didn't pay an inflated price for it.

David

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Good morning, All!
Dull-ish..

May be the seal to the rim :nod: :nod:

Morning sunny, back in the homeland after my trip south - seems that I might have sorted father's bungalow for good :):) and no, it wasn't one quick tap with a bulldozer :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Off to the dotter's tomorrer, for No2 son's birthday celebration, a slightly more muted affair in these times, but he can be a bit of an anti-social sod person, so it'll be good to catch up >:)>:)

palstig

palstig

Registered
12 Sep 2016
Rushden
As Mr Rhino has already mentioned, it could be corrosion of the wheel rim, or a damaged rim as the most likely cause.

Paul

pugwash

pugwash

impecunious pirate
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Looking at that photo of Tau station platform they must have had some amazing carriages - or parachutes!

JimmyB

JimmyB

Semi-Retired; more time for trains.
As Mr Rhino has already mentioned, it could be corrosion of the wheel rim, or a damaged rim as the most likely cause.

Paul
The other thing is, was the valve changed, it should have been but it may not have been (penny pinching by the company) and be the issue, regardless the wheel should have been checked for leaks when the task was completed.

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
The other thing is, was the valve changed, it should have been but it may not have been (penny pinching by the company) and be the issue, regardless the wheel should have been checked for leaks when the task was completed.
I have had a tyre where the rim seal didn't quite take for some reason - it would suddenly lose a few psi without warning - pump it up and it was good for another month. The tyre people eventually located the issue and dealt with it FOC even though it was six months after the tyre was fitted :clap::clap:

PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Wheel / tyre sorted (hopefully).. A steel rim, 20+ years old, and the outer edge where the bead sits, was looking like I had been practice-welding on it!
attack with a hammer (to chip the rust-off, followed by a good going-over with a wire-wheel, and a splodge of black sealer all-round.

At 27PSI (I had put 30 in at 8am) it was almost sealed, but at 32PSI it was 'fizzing' in several places.

No charge, so a happy me. :):clap:

P

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
My last tyre episode was actually the wheel structure failing