Freelance WW&F No. 10 with Bachmann Columbia Larger Diameter Smokebox and Delton C-16 Drivers at 1.5 Inch Diameter.pdf with the Original Text Email .

N

norman

Registered
1 Jan 2013
A Freelance WW&F No. 10 with a Larger Diameter Smokebox as built from the Bachmann 2-4-2 COLUMBIA with the

Delton C-16 Steam Cylinders and 1.5 inch Diameter Drivers.

Install an O Scale O Gauge Truck with Shorter Wheelbase.

Set the Steam Cylinders and Drivers at 32 mm Gauge for Operation on SM32 Track at 1:22.5 Scale.
22.5 * 32 mm = 720 mm = 28 inch Gauge Track.

Attachments

N

norman

Registered
1 Jan 2013
Please click on the pdf attachment to read the above

" Freelance WW&F No. 10 with a Larger Diameter Smokebox as built from the Bachmann 2-4-2 COLUMBIA with the Delton C-16 Steam Cylinders and 1.5 inch Diameter Drivers. " email properly displayed with all text and all images.

Norman

Attachments

PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Love the full-size one! :):clap::clap: - Well, I assume that is full-size?

Worth the wait for the ancient laptop to open the 'pdf'.. :nod::nod:

N

norman

Registered
1 Jan 2013
Thank you Phil !

I have rewritten that Drawing Email as a New PDF File at 100% on Legal Paper Size with a more Professional Appearance within the Limitations of my simply using the Windows Image Editor.

The Scale of the Delton C-16 Steam Cylinder with the 1.5 Inch Diameter Drivers Graphic Image

is adjusted to match

the Scale of the Bachmann COLUMBIA Graphic Image

by referencing the 2 Inch Diameter Delton C-16 Smokebox with the 1.75 Inch Diameter Bachmann COLUMBIA 2-4-2 ( or Industrial 2-6-0 ) Smokebox.

Personally, at 1:22.5 Scale or at 1:24 Scale the Smokebox at 1.75 Inch Diameter for an 0-4-2T Model or for an 0-4-4T Model is " Just Right ".

2 Inch appears too large and 1.5 Inch appears too small.

The Prototype WW&F No. 10 has the perfect Boiler Jacket " Just Right " Diameter but the Smokebox would be more attractive at the Boiler Jacket larger Diameter.

The Prototype Ward Kimball CHLOE Boiler Jacket and Smokebox would be more attractive at a larger Diameter.

But of course those are the Prototype locomotives which I can then Freelance Model to the larger Smokebox Diameter of my choosing.

Norman

Attachments