Fire Tower Complete

Shawn

Hiking, cross country skiing, snowshoeing
The Forest Service got their tower up for the spring fire season. The guys at the logging camp are very happy because now those fires can be spotted well in advance. The agreement was the forest service would build the tower but its up to the KMRR to build a fire car to fight the fires. Now the guys just need to keep their promise and get started on those fire cars before the fire season. The only thing the forest service is waiting on is the cabin to go along side the tower.

2941mk7.jpg

e17sy0.jpg

35dc7zc.jpg

Rob s

trains, R/C models, 4x4 off roading, motor sport
24 Oct 2009
West Midlands
Best answers
Shawn said:

Hi Shawn
Really nice model, what wood did you use to make the shingles
I am trying to achive a similar looking roof but everything i try dries out and
curls up at the edges

Shawn

Hiking, cross country skiing, snowshoeing
Thanks guys Rob I am just using cedar shingles (cedar seems to be the best for outdoors and wet environments) the ones bought for doll houses. I just cut them in half and use tite bond 3 to secure them. Try using some sort of seal on them. That might help them from coming up. I wanted to use copper flashing for the roof but was not willing to spend the money for a roll of it and I could not find small amounts anywhere. The cedar works though.

Spule 4

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Les États-Unis
Best answers
As usual, great work Shawn. Much nicer (and cheaper?) than the Piko kit.

Rob s

trains, R/C models, 4x4 off roading, motor sport
24 Oct 2009
West Midlands
Best answers
Hi thanks Shawn
Have tried to get hold of thin cedar over this side of the pond, but no look
never thought of Dolls House, kit, there is a dolls house shop by work so will try
tommorow
Thanks again