Exeter Show, Saturday 27th October 2018

A

alcashj94

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Devon
Anyone coming to this show on Saturday?
I shall be there with my display, just inside the main door again I believe.
Hope it all works on the day, spent this evening checking all the bits over and cleaning wheels etc., marvellous therapy!
Hope to see some of you there.

chris m01

chris m01

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Birmingham, UK
I'll be just up the road at Taunton Rail-ex with my N gauge layout at the same time.

beavercreek

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
East Anglia
www.facebook.com
Weekend booked
Off to Exeter (via Woking to pick up a guitar) tomorrow (Friday), stay at the city centre Premier Inn ready for the show on the Saturday.
Spend some time at the show then join the missus for revisits to some of Exeter's sights and maybe a bit of retail therapy...back home on Sunday.
Its going to be a bit chilly but mostly dry so a good time to be had.... I hope my wallet is not tempted to vomit out wads of readies ......:(:shake::nod:

Last edited:
Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
How was Saturday at the show, Mike? Did your wallet survive the onslaught? ;)

Jon.

PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Give 'em a chance..
They have to pack-up, and get home.. If SW is involved, it probably means a meal on the way home.. :think::nod:

A

alcashj94

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Devon
It happened!
Here's the rush as doors opened this morning!
108991_bddaa32ee2212670e7dc2aa8bf01a1da.jpeg

beavercreek

beavercreek

24 Oct 2009
East Anglia
www.facebook.com
Just returned from 'The West'.
Really pleasant time spent in Exeter City and a stupendous evening meal at a Thai restaurant on the cathedral green.
The EG show was good but a few of the smaller traders (including the 'tool' sellers) missing from pervious years. There was more space but there was also a very good turnout so that space came in handy!
Had a chance to have good chats to familiar traders and also those running the layouts.
The 'bring and buy' section didn't have much kit that interested me, (and a bit thin on the Euro front as well), but there were a plethora of British outline wagons and coaches some of which looked very good value indeed. Little in the way of 'Big Stuff' like live steam or valuable locos on the stall.

There was one trader stall which was piled solely with kit from a bereavement sale. Lots of US and European outline stuff as well as a ton of track including points of all sizes.

I left about 1.30 pm to catch the park and ride back into Exeter to meet the missus.
Visited another great guitar store 'Mansons' in McCoy's Arcade.

Did my wallet go away from the rail-show depleted?...........................

....... um, well, errrrr.... no not really...bought a few 'bibs and bobs' but that was it. Nearly was tempted by a very reasonable priced Aster live-steam three truck shay at 'Chuffed to Bits' but it had seen a lot of miles and would have needed a fair bit of TLC to bring it back to its glory days.

But, to be fair, I had bought a guitar on the way down (via a small detour) on the Friday... so the wallet certainly didn't get away 'scot-free' from the weekend :):party::cool:.......

A

alcashj94

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Devon
Mike, I must have been in the restaurant having lunch (which was very good!) when you left so didn't get the chance to have a longer chat than the quick hello earlier. Glad you enjoyed your weekend!

F

Fred Mills

Registered
27 Mar 2017
Ottawa/Nepean, Ontario Canada
Only ONE lonesome picture, after a description of a whole lot of things...one picture...egads...and no film was needed, or costly development...just an aim and a click, at a few stalls...only one picture....and surely others may have been there...egads...all this modern gadgetry for picture taking, and the "Human weakness" still is the weak link...no offence meant to the picture taker, but would it have hurt much, to take a snap of a few more things, even if they weren't of great interest to you...
Thank you greatly for the one shot. For many, many of us who couldn't possibly be there, it is greatly appreciated.
I cornfess...I do not own a wireless telephone/camera, or a picture taking device of any kind, as I discovered long ago that I couldn't take a picture of anything in a descent manner. It just was NOT my calling, so I haven't wasted my few spare coins on those devices...but others seem to carry them around as if life depended on them, then never take pictures or kindly share the results.....why not...?
Fred Mills

beavercreek

beavercreek

24 Oct 2009
East Anglia
www.facebook.com
Sorry to have so obviously disappointed you.
Here are some links to youtube vids taken at the show......... And one of last year's show
I hope that you have a computer able enough to view them though....

Last edited: