Does anyone know where to get the Aristocraft track and wheel gauge 11906

yellow_cad

Registered
1 Jul 2020
California
I find vendors out of stock, but nobody seems to have these. Hope someone can help me on this. Jim

LGB333

Hi Jim - Aristocraft went bankrupt at the end of Year 2013, so their track is no longer produced. You can find some Aristocraft track new and used on eBay. Also, I see that some of the model trains dealers (I'm LGB only Dealer) have some stock such as Charles Ro USA Trains in MA. Just do some Google searches.

Fred Mills

Registered
27 Mar 2017
Ottawa/Nepean, Ontario Canada
Good luck....Aristocraft is out of business, so there is no new stock.
Those are good general purpose gauges, which generaly are close to, or dead on with NMRA standards. I have several of them, and use them continuously.
The "Mysterious thing was that few of the Aristo wheelsets, track or switches was "On" with the gauge they produced.
If some manufacturer was to produce that gauge today, it would be a very useful tool, if everyone used it.
Of course, there is that continous, lingering cry from the "Fools" that seem to populate some Large Scale circles....."We don't need no durned standards".....as they frustrate themselves with faulty gauged wheel sets, track gauge, and coupler heights...causing "Mysterious" derailments and switch/turnout/point problems.....which they are continuously asking advice to solve....go figure.... and yes those same standards apply for LGB equipment too....I wonder why LGB in all their wisdom has never produce the same sort of gauge....

yellow_cad

Registered
1 Jul 2020
California
I have done a google search to no avail. Everyone seems to be out of stock. I can't find any remaining stock anywhere. I tried Charles Ro USA Trains and they did not show anything when I did a couple of searches.

Reactions: 1 user

Greg Elmassian

Registered
8 Mar 2014
San Diego
www.elmassian.com
Yeah, it was a nice tool and they went out of business 7 years ago.... should not be a surprise.

You can watch on eBay , and perhaps ask on the Facebook G scale sales sites... ... I have 2 of them, they were relatively inexpensive... If you get one of them, be sure to check it with a caliper or micrometer, a couple of parts of the gauge are off a few thousandths.

Greg

Greg Elmassian

Registered
8 Mar 2014
San Diego
www.elmassian.com
No, just pictures: (the levels fell out of the large rectangular slots, they were crap anyways)

Homo Habilis

Registered
16 Apr 2016
USA
I second what Railfan said about Pete. All my track is from SVRR and I have two of the gauges and they work really well for me. :clap: