Did Baldwin every build such an 0-4-2T locomotive?

tac foley

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
While I'm sure we've been down this track before in the recent past, having posted a number of images of Forney locomotives of one configuration or another, I think you'll find that Baldwin DID actually make a loco like this that ran on a plantation in Japan.

Back in 1980, and again in the late 90's Aster Hobbies of Japan made this tiny 0-4-2 Baldwin loco in live steam. The prototype ran on the Kiso Forest Railway.

Here is the real thing -

N

norman

Registered
1 Jan 2013
Hi Tac,

I meant exactly as per the DELTON model. Thank you for your posting though.

Norman

N

norman

Registered
1 Jan 2013
Hi Scot,

Thank you for your posting.

I had previously found those also.

I guess that the DELTON 0-4-2T is strictly a Freelance 0-4-2T being only similar to other BALDWIN 0-4-2T locomotives.

The LIZARD is my Favorite.

Thanks again Scot,

Norman

Bill Barnwell

Bill Barnwell

Registered
30 Sep 2017
Ormond Beach, Fl
Just a FYI but LGB is now building, rather good looking I might add # 23130

Bill Barnwell

Bill Barnwell

Registered
30 Sep 2017
Ormond Beach, Fl
www.npcrr.com/Articles/PhilJensenStory/ThePhilJensenStory.pdf, according to this web site to the left it was built in 1984 but never produced designed by Phil Jensen if you look at his designs the all look very similar you can always call or email him at H-L-W Tuesday or Thursdays as he is still working, very interesting person and very talented person.

PHILIP JENSEN
philipjen@msn.com

tac foley

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Hi Tac,

I meant exactly as per the DELTON model. Thank you for your posting though.

Norman
Uh, no.

Are you asking a serious question, or just jerking us around here? :rolleyes:

ntpntpntp

ntpntpntp

Registered
24 Oct 2009
UK
Just a FYI but LGB is now building, rather good looking I might add # 23130
Olomana and Chloe have been around for many years, though in the last few years since the Marklin take-over the drive mechanism has been re-worked I believe. I replaced the rubbish plastic trailing wheels with metal sets and added pickups to them (never understood why LGB fitted the awful plastic wheels?)
Two of my favourite locos :)
131428_dee2edb02a5642da9d9480cf94b54282.jpg

N

norman

Registered
1 Jan 2013
Hi Bill ,

That is excellent.

Thank you very much!

I have finally figured out a DELTON LIONEL 0-6-0T CONVERSION to the Prototype DELTON 0-4-2T .

This has taken me years to figure out.

I will post the design in a few days.

The Prototype DELTON 0-4-2T is built of Parts from the DELTON C P HUNTINGTON. I still cannot determine from what DELTON Model Phil obtained the Drive. Oh, well.

The CPH Smokebox is 36 Inch Diameter. At One 19th Scale ( Let's call it One 18th Scale ) that works out to Match the DELTON LIONEL 0-6-0T 2 Inch Diameter Smokebox. ( 2 * 18 = 36 ) .

By using PECO SM32 Track , 45 MM @ 3 fEET * 2/3 = 32 MM GAUGE PECO SM32 Two Foot Gauge Track .

I just want to build a 1/24 Scale locomotive as a 1/19 Scale Cute locomotive according to the Dimensions of the actual C P HUNTINGTON to run as 2 Foot Gauge on " O Gauge " SM32 Track.

Norman

Bill Barnwell

Bill Barnwell

Registered
30 Sep 2017
Ormond Beach, Fl
It is unbelievable how much influents Phil Jensen has had on the hobby parts, of his designs are all over the place, it took me quite a while to figure out why I liked the Lionel 0-6-0 so much especially as it was a piece of junk running. Have always been intrigued by mason bogie's and one day I saw a picture of a accucraft one and thought that's got the Lionel cab on it and that set the wheels in motion. Finally saw the article about Phil and I called him he set me in the right direction and added a lot of help, give him a call. I would never pretend to be in the same league as him another words don't get your ruler out or turn one of my models over, scale isn't that important to me sort of if it looks good do it and I really enjoy making stuff out of parts. My current project is parts of Lionel, LGB, scientific, plastruct and H-L-W. Good luck with you project, Bill Oh the color on my engine matches my passenger cars reminiscent of the old Orange Blossom Special

Attachments