Dean Goods

Portsladepete

Registered
2 Jun 2020
England
Just thought I would show my appreciation for the free advice given by Barry at Dean Goods. I needed help after my IP Engineering Feanoor stripped it’s (plastic) gear. Dean Goods have a large selection of mainly 16mm bits and pieces at very reasonable prices.
I considered replacing the gears with metal versions, although I have since received a foc plastic replacement from IP Engineering.
I found it very difficult to research suitable metal replacements, due to limited specifications on most web sites and my own lack of knowledge, so was pleased to find Dean Goods.

Reactions: 1 user

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Yep, Cambrian Models split the business - the 4mm stuff is still sold under the Cambrian name, and the large scale stuff is sold under the Dean Goods name :nod::nod:

maxi-model

UK/US/ROW steam narrow gauge railways 1:1
27 Oct 2009
Bucks/Oxon/Northants area
Portsladepete I can echo you comments about Dean Goods. They helped me out when a certain manufacturer, who shall remain nameless, supplied a less than usable chassis/gearbox assembly - plastic instead of metal gears advertised, bearings 1/8th inch ID - axle 3 mm, 4 wd transfer gears made for 1/8" to go on the 3 mm axles supplied, motor shaft too short for the gear installation, etc', etc'. They even tried to tell me it had all been produced by a reputable contracted supplier - Err no it was a bitza "knock off" they finally admitted due their inability to source from the supplier they had advertised.

Dean goods do a very nice line in 3D printed detail parts too. I got a whole load to detail up a WHR loco and a Darj' wagon. Max