DCC , controlling and sounds

Litninbolt

Registered
11 Jul 2021
Phoenix
Country flag
So I got a New Diesel, a PIKO Ludmilla in G scale. It’s big!, runs great.. I had to purchase and install both the decoder and sound/speaker. Got it all working (mostly, a few wires not yet landed for cabin lights etc) A glorious train, sounds are awesome etc… I use a Digitrax 602 throttle.. to control. What I’m looking for help direction on, Are their any lessons or guides to “running a sequence, etc”. What I mean is , there are sooo many sounds available, cool ones, for different mechanical sounds , voice announcements,etc. Does anyone create a guide to using these, or when one might use all this stuff. I did notice when I turn down/off the throttle, it slows down, brakes screen]che, and it goes to a cool idle…. What’s avaialable, best practices, etc…. Nothing in the Decoder guides other than raw lists and the functions…

Also, any one using ipad or other controls for multiple trains, the two throttle controller isn’t much fin with three trains…Love to hear thoughts, other best practices?

ntpntpntp

Registered
24 Oct 2009
UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Country flag
The sounds are just there for you to play with as and when you desire. Some are also triggered automatically such as flange squeal etc. Things like horns you'll probably use at level crossings, tunnels etc. Station announcements and crew chat etc. when it's standing at a platform.

Watch some youtube videos of the real thing both running and sitting in a depot :)

Greg Elmassian

Registered
8 Mar 2014
San Diego
www.elmassian.com
Country flag
1. you can have fun and make whatever noises you like. It's your railroad.
2. you can study prototype operating procedures on how the horn/whistle is sounded. Starting and stopping and reversing sounds, etc. This also goes for lighting.

Greg

Dan

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Eastern MA
Country flag
NCE sorta started a US standard by setting F1 for bell and F2 for Horn/Whistle. Zimo furthered this psuedo standard by making F2 activate the ditch lights. Also F8 for sound on/off.
Myself I use F27 for volume down and F28 for volume up.