COM id on PC

steve parberry

G Scale Trains
25 Oct 2009
Nottingham
Best answers
I know we had this info before but i cannot find it....
Can someone please remind me how to set up the programer com id so i dont have to set it every time i reboot my PC.
I did it before and all worked well but i need to load on another machine.

Regards Steve

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Steve,

Im sorry but I am going to have a rant, it is not directed only at you....

I work in an environment where I have to provide technical support to supposed engineers that know the products they are supporting themselfs. Allmost every time they pose a question there is an issue of context which provokes a returned question rather than an answer as not enough information was provided in the first place.

Now on this forum, I tend to provide help to others (as I will do on this occasion in a bit) but the original question is usually vague and somewhat ambigious so there is usually some two ing anf frowing of questions and answers before the original question can be answered properly.

Please, please, please try and avoid just asking the question without providing some background information, ie what the question relates to, product numbers, manufactures etc.

In this case, Steve, I have to make an educated guess that you refer to the LGB programming software, but of course you could be refering to the Massoth software or DecoderPro!

In any case, to answer the question, here is an extract from the LGB manual:

[align=left]Another alternative is to set COM interface number automatically by defining a special code[/align] [align=left]placed after the LGB program name and one blank::[/align] [align=left]C:program FilesLGB_V6MTS-PC.EXE
L,1 for COM=1[/align] [align=left]or up to? ..[/align] C:program FilesLGB_V6MTS-PC.EXE L,99 for COM=99

steve parberry

G Scale Trains
25 Oct 2009
Nottingham
Best answers
Thanks Muns you help is much appreciated.

Never really thought about it being a vauge question. I suppose we all sometimes just think about the problem involved and do not consider that there are other versions with simular problems out there.

Once again many thanks for you help.

GrahamMills

Many & various. In G scale it is American Diesel.
25 Oct 2009
Lizard, Cornwall, UK
Best answers
I agree entirely Muns.
The number of times that a question is posed in two lines or less but the answer requires a page is legendary.