chipping a Bachmann 4-6-0

granddad gnome

Registered
24 Oct 2009
TUXFORD - NOTTINGHAMSHIRE - ENGLAND.
Best answers
Country flag
Hoping someone out there can help. I have a Bachmann Lg Sc Anniversary Edition 4-6-0 steam locomotive Item Nu 81094 I wish to change over to DCC Any help as to what to buy and how to do it would be most useful.
Many thanks in anticipation (of a very busy weekend)
Peter

Neil Robinson

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N W Leicestershire
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Peter, good to see a post from you, I heard a rumour that you hadn't been in the best of heath recently.
I'm no authority on dcc stuff; there are many more knowledgeable and experienced individuals than I on here.
However I have some questions which may help to generate suitable advice.
Do you wish to have digital sound? If not do you intend keeping the standard Bachman sound? Do wish to be able to run on both analogue and digital layouts with the loco? If running on analogue with a digital sound system would you like to use external triggers for bell and whistle?

granddad gnome

Registered
24 Oct 2009
TUXFORD - NOTTINGHAMSHIRE - ENGLAND.
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Neil.
Thanks for such a quick response, yes at the moment I await heart surgery for valve replacement hence the need for something on the light side to keep by brain from blowing up with boredom. in answer to you I was hoping that I would only need a loco chip and leave the rest a loan, and I only what to run on my own DCC (Massoth) system
Thanks again Neil
regards PETER

Neil Robinson

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N W Leicestershire
Best answers
Country flag
Peter, I've found a wiring diagram in pdf format. I've emailed you a copy.
The sound appears to be battery operated so this can stay unmodified. Of the four wires to the tender one pair is the sound trigger which would still need to be connected as before. The other pair is for the tender led which, should you wish to use , would need to be connected inside the loco to the appropriate chip lighting output.