CFR Remodelling and Expansion 2020.

• Thread starter casey jones snr
  • Start date
casey jones snr

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Charnwood Forest Railway. Rothley. Leics.
Sean, I’m now fitting out the new control cabin:-
DAD53076-E787-4671-989B-E7A98E9351DD.jpeg
9D9DDF13-4057-4489-8657-63D2CDBD3AE5.jpeg
4F8B8F47-BA8B-41E5-9908-E2AA751B3990.jpeg

This workbench was assembled and installed:-
4F8B8F47-BA8B-41E5-9908-E2AA751B3990.jpeg

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Reactions: casey jones snr
casey jones snr

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Charnwood Forest Railway. Rothley. Leics.
Let us pray that it will not be too long before you and the GC are back up and running though I feel that this years Model Railway event will be lost.
Jon, at the rate things are going there might be no Model Shows this year including the Peterborough Show in November. I hope I’m wrong.

P

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Unfortunately things don't bode well on the exhibition front. Although, if you think about it, next year you'll have 2 lots of pocket money to spend;)
Just spent all day tearing down and refitting my garden fence. Just new panels, the wooden posts are almost as good as new, even after 15 years

Gizzy

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Jon, at the rate things are going there might be no Model Shows this year including the Peterborough Show in November. I hope I’m wrong.
As it stands right now, the Cambridge MRX in September is not cancelled....

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

25 Oct 2009
Hope we are all wrong about Shows, but I think there is a real possibility of no more this tear. Yes let us hope we are wrong.

PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Hope we are all wrong about Shows, but I think there is a real possibility of no more this tear. Yes let us hope we are wrong.
It will all depend on the next few weeks.. If too many think it is all over, then the numbers will go up, and we will be back indoors until Christmas. - That is those who do not need to stay isolated.

Personally, I can't see the likes of a 'Warley' or 'Ally-Pally' happening this year. :(

PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
I do think 'we' will be able to get back to doing some 'stuff' though..

I predict we might be able to go back to railways (as volunteers) to do some maintenance / remedial works?? - The entry of the Public, and how to run railways, within 'social-distancing guidelines' may be a step too far.
I doubt we will be able to stay, so it will be 'day-trips' to do what we can to support our causes..

(All without batteries in the crystal-ball, of course). o_O

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

25 Oct 2009
I do think 'we' will be able to get back to doing some 'stuff' though..

I predict we might be able to go back to railways (as volunteers) to do some maintenance / remedial works?? - The entry of the Public, and how to run railways, within 'social-distancing guidelines' may be a step too far.
I doubt we will be able to stay, so it will be 'day-trips' to do what we can to support our causes..

(All without batteries in the crystal-ball, of course). o_O
Just got a text from my mate in Crete who visited UK the week before shut down. He reckons the problem has been handled very badly In the UK, I could of course not possibly comment. On the plus side for him all the Bars are back open!

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Just got a text from my mate in Crete who visited UK the week before shut down. He reckons the problem has been handled very badly In the UK,
That's quite easy to say from Crete - after all, there aren't 70 million people living there :confused:

Greg Elmassian

Greg Elmassian

Registered
8 Mar 2014
San Diego
www.elmassian.com
I try to look at the statistics per 100k people... that allows apples to apples. In the US some less populous states figured they would not have to be careful, it just took longer for them to have it spread and their death rate is double the other states... and at one point New York city was 10 times the rate where I live in California...

To quote Forrest Gump: "stupid is as stupid does"

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
I try to look at the statistics per 100k people... that allows apples to apples. In the US some less populous states figured they would not have to be careful, it just took longer for them to have it spread and their death rate is double the other states... and at one point New York city was 10 times the rate where I live in California...

To quote Forrest Gump: "stupid is as stupid does"
You're absolutely right, Greg, but the UK media studiously avoids such meaningful comparisons.

On the per capita basis, the UK is third highest, and I can't help thinking that the average population per square mile may have a bearing.

There will be other factors, of course, some of which we may never fully know or understand. One of the questions that is not easy to answer is how many of our population were abroad at the outbreak and were re-patriated around the time of lockdown (we were still re-patriating Brits some three or four weeks after the Pandemic was declared).

My eldest son is an expat, and has stayed in lockdown in Nigeria - perhaps he's been safer there :eek: That one is also more difficult to answer as nobody in Nigeria believes the government statistics :oops:

P

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Trouble with statistics, is that they can be interpreted in many different ways.

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Trouble with statistics, is that they can be interpreted in many different ways.
Yeah, a bit of a hi-jack on Casey's thread, we ought to let him get it back on track.

JimmyB

JimmyB

Semi-Retired; more time for trains.
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
On the per capita basis, the UK is third highest, and I can't help thinking that the average population per square mile may have a bearing.
I have to agree, we are rather well populated.