CFR Remodelling and Expansion 2020.

• Thread starter casey jones snr
  • Start date
PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Building sites, are presently exempt... Provided they follow distancing rules. :rolleyes:

So it probably means only big projects are being built! ;)

Reactions: K B Lager
P

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Building sites, are presently exempt... Provided they follow distancing rules. :rolleyes:

Providing they can get there necessities, most trades stores seem to be shut

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
The entrance to the Ellis Tea Room hasn’t been bricked up Gizzy. A new ramp which is longer and shallower than the previous ramp is being constructed. The contractors were pressing on with the work, but I’m not too sure wether they are still working since the lockdown was announced last night.
The same could be said for construction of the new Control Cabin, it was due for delivery on April 1st.
Government advice today on construction was that it could proceed provided social distancing could be implemented - however, the major contractors were expecting a shift in policy.

Many builders' merchants have closed, and imports are delayed, so that may have an effect on any progress.

Sean.

Sean.

Hmmmm
5 Oct 2017
Boston & Cocagne NB (not enough)
Over across the pond .. construction is ongoing .... food, alcohol, pot, all es·sen·tials ... are open ..

PhilP

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Over across the pond .. construction is ongoing .... food, alcohol, pot, all es·sen·tials ... are open ..
I believe you are a few weeks behind us, in this? :sweating::(

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk

More likely the other way about- it's the large sites that have messing and changing facilities where it's difficult to distance - on small sites where operatives work from their vans it's easier to keep one's distance.

BakerJohn

BakerJohn

Baker, Modeler, Flour Ambassador
Exactly. Airport lounges are totally essential to live, right? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

PhilP

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
More likely the other way about- it's the large sites that have messing and changing facilities where it's difficult to distance - on small sites where operatives work from their vans it's easier to keep one's distance.
I was trying to be ironic:
Big job, L-o-n-g bits of timber, man at each-end, > 2metres..
Little job, short bits of timber.. :);)

Exactly. Airport lounges are totally essential to live, right? :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Especially when most flights are, supposedly, grounded! :wondering:

I fear for the America's. - Not sure that some has grasped the severity of the situation, from the limited reports we see here? :lipssealed:
(no comments, please..)

PhilP

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
It is nice the CFR was 'put back together, before bring allowed to slumber in the early-Spring..

It will be nice to get back to daily reports from Paul, first-thing, though. :):nod:

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
I was trying to be ironic:
Big job, L-o-n-g bits of timber, man at each-end, > 2metres..
Little job, short bits of timber.. :);)
Oooooh - in the current emergency I appear to have lost a lot of things, marbles possibly as well. I''m easily bamboozled :confused:

P

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Swings and roundabouts TBH. The large sites, as you say, have the facilities. Smaller sites tend to make do with a potaloo, and you really really really don't want to use those unless you're desperate, also a lot of small sites have a total disregard for any health and safety laws, even common sense ones. So considering death is more likely to come from shoddy workmen than the virus, big sites for me

PhilP

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
I think we have gone beyond 'drift'? - Possibly donuts?? :giggle:

Can I refer you all to Post#89? - Let us let this post slumber, until there is a report from Paul.. :)

Reactions: casey jones snr
AustrianNG

AustrianNG

Director of my railway
16 Sep 2015
Wirral
Hi Paul
Do you have the facility for track powered operation or have you gone live steam and battery ?
Seems an age since We were there after one of the shows in the days of G Scale Mad. I bought several Stainz locos from you that day as I recall.

Looking forward to full operations - all being well this summer.

casey jones snr

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Charnwood Forest Railway. Rothley. Leics.
Hi Paul
Do you have the facility for track powered operation or have you gone live steam and battery ?
Seems an age since We were there after one of the shows in the days of G Scale Mad. I bought several Stainz locos from you that day as I recall.

Looking forward to full operations - all being well this summer.
The CFR has switched over to live steam and battery power. All of my track powered locomotives have been disposed of.

Riograndad

Riograndad

Model Railroading, boats and oil painting,
6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
The CFR has switched over to live steam and battery power. All of my track powered locomotives have been disposed of.
Keep the batteries charged Casey,this mess won`t last forever!!

Reactions: casey jones snr
casey jones snr

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
The day has finally arrived when the new Control Cabin was due to be delivered and erected. However because of the current crisis the cabin will be delivered and erected at a later date.

casey jones snr

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
TO BE CONTINUED.. :):clap::clap:
Yes indeed Phil. I can report that the contractors are continuing with the new access ramp project and also the revamped picnic area project. They were fortunate in having the bulk of materials delivered to site before the restrictions began. They are also a father and son outfit so social distancing is not so much of a risk.

PhilP

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
They are also a father and son outfit so social distancing is not so much of a risk.
Excellent news, Paul..

When movement restrictions are over, I will come and give you a hand.. No doubt there will be a fair amount of tidying-up, and possibly new-growth to deal with?

PhilP.