• Thread starter casey jones snr
  • Start date
musket the dog

musket the dog

Professional engineer, amateur modeler
31 Oct 2009
Leicester
nlrr.webs.com
The new buildings are really looking the part Paul, glad that you finally managed to sort out procuring them. It's still amazing to me the speed at which you are managing to assemble and decorate them :eek:

Reactions: 1 user
casey jones snr

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Charnwood Forest Railway. Rothley. Leics.
More painting and glazing carried out on the ModelTown Warehouse:-
0F38FD58-71E9-42EC-868B-BBBA99A20F07.jpeg

Next stage is to varnish the building once the paint is completely dry.

casey jones snr

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
The new buildings are really looking the part Paul, glad that you finally managed to sort out procuring them. It's still amazing to me the speed at which you are managing to assemble and decorate them :eek:
Thanks Ricky. I’ve been on a bit of an assembly run. This is the last of the buildings for the St Bernards area. I have four more buildings for the new area, but I won’t assemble them until that area is constructed.

casey jones snr

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
'Kit building proceeds apace at the CFR. The ModelTown small Signalbox still needs a degree of lining and the brick work needs defining and highlighting. Once completed the Signalbox will be stored until the new extension is completed:-
C9355395-99F7-44D1-AF05-86A5520C6AED.jpeg

casey jones snr

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
The new signal box has received its final coats of paint and varnish and is now ready to be placed on the shelf until the new extension is completed:-
308AFA03-B821-4A70-8D36-9B2DB2266B06.jpeg

casey jones snr

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
The chapel has been positioned into the Welsh Hamlet. I’m rather pleased with the look of the hamlet now:-
F8600705-CE47-4F94-AB79-4CE68E0A9BC4.jpeg 486041C6-FE1D-4AA5-9E53-59B56E6BFE30.jpeg

I now need to come up with a nice Welsh name for the hamlet, any suggestions folks?

P

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Pentrefan?

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
The chapel has been positioned into the Welsh Hamlet. I’m rather pleased with the look of the hamlet now:-
View attachment 276270 View attachment 276271

I now need to come up with a nice Welsh name for the hamlet, any suggestions folks?
I'm reliably informed that you need a hedge either side of the chapel. In years gone by, when many families walked to church on a Sunday and often stayed there for a large part of the day, to save walking there and back between morning and evening services, there are stories about having a ladies' hedge and a men's hedge, as many of the chapels, like many of our Anglican churches today, had no toilets.

Although I notice that the houses have privies :eek:

Northsider

Northsider

Registered
3 May 2012
I'm reliably informed that you need a hedge either side of the chapel. In years gone by, when many families walked to church on a Sunday and often stayed there for a large part of the day, to save walking there and back between morning and evening services, there are stories about having a ladies' hedge and a men's hedge, as many of the chapels, like many of our Anglican churches today, had no toilets.

Although I notice that the houses have privies :eek:
And yew trees; they are said to ward off evil spirits, and although the church replaced many pagan practices, some (like this one) got adopted by the early church and still remain. The fact that coppiced branches made the best longbows was just a bonus...

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
And yew trees; they are said to ward off evil spirits, and although the church replaced many pagan practices, some (like this one) got adopted by the early church and still remain. The fact that coppiced branches made the best longbows was just a bonus...
Yes, I don't think Welsh 'chapel' would have been drawn ('scuse the pun) into that one - too fundamentalist.

Mind you, when we moved into deepest Surrey, on the Sussex border, we were told that we needed to keep just a small bit of laurel growing in the garden - keeps the lightning away :nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:

Chris Vernell

Chris Vernell

Certified
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Great name Paul, there isn’t one mentioned in the BTC Handbook of Stations. My copy is from 1956.
Then you'll have to go for Llanfair....goch, and the name board will be longer than the station.