dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
casey jones snr

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Charnwood Forest Railway. Rothley. Leics.
Nice colour, you painting it? Interested to know the colour And supplier.
Not me Jon. It’s being done by the GCR Painter, the paint came from B & Q, I will find out from him what it is called.

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

25 Oct 2009
PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Ah! Caledonian Sleeper livery!! - We know what Paul will be doing in there! :snooze::snooze::snooze:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Mind you, the Camberwick Green was quite nice! :)

Reactions: casey jones snr
Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Ah! Caledonian Sleeper livery!! - We know what Paul will be doing in there! :snooze::snooze::snooze:
I thought sleepers were a sort of creosote colour :worried::worried:

casey jones snr

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
As I suspected it will be a shade that matches Great Central Railway Green.
I’ve not spoken to the painter yet, but the other day he said it was a timber treatment, not a paint as such. It will require two coats and the colour is as close to Buckingham Green, which is the colour that the GCR uses.

Reactions: dunnyrail
Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
I’ve not spoken to the painter yet, but the other day he said it was a timber treatment, not a paint as such.
Yes, there are some new-fangled coatings which are called timber treatments but, IMHO, if they don't penetrate into the timber, then all they are is paint; OK, a sophisticated form of paint but something that sits on the surface like any normal paint.

By definition, you cannot have an eco-friendly timber preservative - 'cos in order to preserve timber, you need to destroy the bugs that cause it to rot :confused:

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

25 Oct 2009
Yes, there are some new-fangled coatings which are called timber treatments but, IMHO, if they don't penetrate into the timber, then all they are is paint; OK, a sophisticated form of paint but something that sits on the surface like any normal paint.

By definition, you cannot have an eco-friendly timber preservative - 'cos in order to preserve timber, you need to destroy the bugs that cause it to rot :confused:
That is a good point, when I did my current Shed where I put new wood in place I gave it all a slap of woodworm treatment both inside and out just in case. When reusing an old shed that has some signs of worm always pays to take precautions. A few months ago I noticed a section outside that had quite a few worm holes, not sure if there were more new ones so gave it a slap of the woodworm glug before coloured wood treatment a few days later.

P

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
I thought if you saw woodworm holes, it was too late, the little blighters had gone

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

25 Oct 2009
I thought if you saw woodworm holes, it was too late, the little blighters had gone
Ah yes that is indeed true, but it stops new ones boring in.

casey jones snr

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Greg just a different way of asking for an update ... ;)
Good afternoon Sean.
Things are at a bit of a stand still. The Electrician turned up this morning to carry out the electrical assessment. Unfortunately the chap who has been appointed liaison between the GCR and CFR failed to turn up, so the electrician couldn’t complete his assessment. A new date for the assessment will have to be arranged.

The construction contractors have been diverted onto another GCR task. So I have to await developments.

I have been busy working on various buildings:-
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Reactions: Chris Vernell