Any Chance Of Us Getting Playmobil Spelled Correctly?

James Day

Guano Corner Rly - Runs weekly - Guano permitting
6 May 2012
Warwickshire
Pedants corner as in Private Eye?

Perhaps, but PLEASE can we ditch the superfluous 'e' that appears at the end of the word Playmobil in so many threads? Even the heading of this new section has it. Is someone with God-like authority able to put this right? Please?

On a positive note - Thank you - The new section is a great idea, as I personally love Playmobil stuff, but I am aware that there are some who don't.

One man's meat etc....

James

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Country flag
Pedants corner as in Private Eye?
James
You know I always wondered what Psueds Corner in the Eye meant. Nice to know after all these years, last time I bought the Eye was around 1960 something.
JonD

dunnyrail

25 Oct 2009
Country flag
And still the fun goes on today, must be Spring and the Sap rising!
JonD

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Country flag
Do you mean Playmobil SPELT correctly....

Reactions: 1 users

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Country flag
Do you mean Playmobil SPELT correctly....

Either will do, although "spelt" is the more usual usage in the UK and "spelled" is the more usual usage in the US.

Howver, in the case of wheat, "spelt" is correct for everyone.

dunnyrail

25 Oct 2009
Country flag
PLAYMOBIL does that work?
Jesting apart, I have made the effort to change my wrong spelling in my Post. But cannot for some reason revise the Title, though I have seen it done. Perhaps by a Mod, in view of the sensativety around the Queens English that has risen out of the Forum this could be done or someone can tell me how I can revise my Title.
JonD

Last edited:

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Country flag
PLAYMOBIL does that work?
Jesting apart, I have made the effort to change my wrong spelling in my Post. But cnnot for some reason revise the Title, though I have seen it done. Perhaps by a Mod, in view of the sensativety around the Queens English that has risen out of the Forum thos could be done or someone can tell me how I can revise my Title.
JonD

Shirley, your title is 'Mister' Jon?
;):giggle::giggle:

fridge

Registered
15 Jan 2012
Sussex
I remember, years ago, a sign on the office noticeboard: Turfs for sale 50p each. Someone crossed out Turfs and wrote Turves, upon which the original poster wrote: "Turfs 50p, Turves £1"

Reactions: 1 user

James Day

Guano Corner Rly - Runs weekly - Guano permitting
6 May 2012
Warwickshire
Thank you all for your replies and corrections. I am hoping that we can look forward to an end to the dreaded 'e' appearing as part of the PM name.

Also I am hoping not to be 'expelled' from the group, or otherwises 'turfed' out......

James

riderdan

Registered
30 Dec 2013
Kansas
Thank you all for your replies and corrections. I am hoping that we can look forward to an end to the dreaded 'e' appearing as part of the PM name.

Also I am hoping not to be 'expelled' from the group, or otherwises 'turfed' out......

James

"expelled" or exspelt?

Reactions: 1 user

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Country flag
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,
sans-serif]

Not a chance.....:rofl:

I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in what oerdr the ltteres in a word are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it whotuit a pboerlm. This is bcuseae the huamn mniddeos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpelingwas ipmorantt!

[/FONT]​

Reactions: 3 users