An apology - about the weather

whatlep

whatlep

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Absolutely persisting down here in deepest Worcestershire. AND the moles are back in the garden.

I blame the Stainzmeister! :angry:

Woderwick

Woderwick

Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club
24 Oct 2009
Ia Drang Valley
www.gtrains.co.uk
A Stainz wib stains, next you'll be moveing to Staines. I would n't tho, it's a karsey IMO.

E

Elmtree Line

Registered
8 Nov 2009
I have a water feature to complete in the garden............

need to do some concreting so with all this rain the project is on hold, i don't know of a concrete that sets under 6inches of water :rofl:

Doug

Doug

Live Steam, scratch building
24 Oct 2009
West Herts
Keith , you need underwater concrete!

pugwash

pugwash

impecunious pirate
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
You need to ask an expert, like that bank robber (t'were never proved) Eric Olthwaite. :callme:

G

George

railways in general, mainly steam locos, i volunte
we've had a fairly good summer here in most of East Anglia i think :thinking: although it did seem to be more spread out - dry and sunny at the beginning of the summer, a bit wet and sunny i nthe middle and sunny again at the end :thinking: :rofl: :clap:

Chris Vernell

Chris Vernell

Bewildered
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
<p>
Elmtree Line - 29/11/2009 10:52 AM I have a water feature to complete in the garden............ need to do some concreting so with all this rain the project is on hold, i don't know of a concrete that sets under 6inches of water :rofl:
</p><p>I think the Romans invented it ... probably about the time they were breeding the chariot horses whose *rs*s were to determine Geo. Stephenson's railway gauge. :clown: </p><p>Away out here in Hy Breasil North, the summer was fit only for modelling train ferries ...
</p>

B

Budd

Registered
Alec - 29/11/2009 11:06 AM

You're prediction for next summer? Any delivery's yet?

Did rusty get left out in all the summer rain? plenty of rust splashes!!!
Looks more like it got left out under a cow!

:timeout:

spike

spike

It's me
The weather imo is a bit of a random walk.
At times it is predictable and sometimes it is unpredictable.
Climate change is even worse to predict.

I have been interested in the weather since school and now have a weather station and full
weather satellite setup but I don't forecast the weather.
The UK Metoffice need a 30 million pound pc just to get a lot of forecasts wrong. :thinking:

The best forecasts I have come across are from the NOAA Hurricane Center, these guys are very
accurate in their storm predications. :cool:

As to climate change....
Everyone bangs on about carbon dioxide......it's not even top as climate change gas.
The worst gas is actually water vapour followed by methane......heres the rub....
apart from aircraft trails, which actually cool the Earth we don't produce water vapour in quantities
that cause problems.
Then there is El Nino, the North Atlantic Oscillation and the Arctic Oscillation to take into account :wits:

My prediction for future summers....
All our hottest summers have happened close to either side of the Sunspot peak.
Go for hot summers a year or two either side of the predicted peak. :clap:

spike

spike

It's me
Doug - 29/11/2009 4:24 PM

Keith , you need underwater concrete!
Portland Cement hardens underwater.

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Stainzmeister - 29/11/2009 10:13 AM

I unreservedly apologise about my prediction in March about the weather for the Summer being very good due to the cyclic "El Nino" effect.

The Summer weather was average at best :rolleyes:

However, it wasn't all bad.
I know forecaster's used different methods for predicting future weather patterns.........

But how do you use your bike for forecasting, Paul?

:thinking: :banghead: :callme:

Bram

Bram

Playing trains, Ballroom Dancing, Good Food & Wine
24 Oct 2009
Knowle
<p>It's simples really, just look out the window.</p><p>If the sun is shinning, hey ho, if it is raining, poosticks</p>

whatlep

whatlep

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Bram - 30/11/2009 11:25 AM

<p>It's simples really, just look out the window.</p><p>If the sun is shinning, hey ho, if it is raining, poosticks</p>
Did someone mention Poohsticks? Ready when you are. Bounce! :D

mike

mike

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.lazygrangebay.co.uk
if its raing, its repairs, if its not, its testing... :D :D

Bram

Bram

Playing trains, Ballroom Dancing, Good Food & Wine
24 Oct 2009
Knowle
<p>
mike - 30/11/2009 2:20 PM if its raing, its repairs, if its not, its testing... :D :D
</p><p>I thank that merits "Quote" status Mike</p>

JRinTawa

JRinTawa

Member of the Wellington Garden Railway Group
25 Oct 2009
Tawa
www.gscalecentral.net
First day of summer in NZ and it's raining, hmm. Seems summer are shorter as we get older, hmm.

I think a loco umbrella needs to be invented :sick:

Chris Vernell

Chris Vernell

Bewildered
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
<p>
I think a loco umbrella needs to be invented :sick:
</p><p>Most umbrellas go loco in a bit of a breeze.</p><p>Besides, there's enough loco-ness around here, anyway :party:
</p>

themole

themole

tramways
25 Oct 2009
In a burrow.
whatlep - 29/11/2009 12:22 PM

Absolutely persisting down here in deepest Worcestershire. AND the moles are back in the garden.

I blame the Stainzmeister! :angry:
I haven't left my burrow!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The Devonian

The Devonian

Registered
17 Nov 2009
South Hams
<p>
Stainzmeister - 29/11/2009 10:13 AM I unreservedly apologise about my prediction in March about the weather for the Summer being very good due to the cyclic "El Nino" effect. The Summer weather was average at best :rolleyes: However, it wasn't all bad.
</p><p> <font color="#006600"><font size="3"><font face="comic sans ms,sand">Keep apologizing, just like the Government, 'cos its started raining AGAIN! :eek:
</font></font></font></p>

whatlep

whatlep

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
The Devonian - 5/12/2009 3:38 PM

<p>
Stainzmeister - 29/11/2009 10:13 AM I unreservedly apologise about my prediction in March about the weather for the Summer being very good due to the cyclic "El Nino" effect. The Summer weather was average at best :rolleyes: However, it wasn't all bad.
</p><p> <font color="#006600"><font size="3"><font face="comic sans ms,sand">Keep apologizing, just like the Government, 'cos its started raining AGAIN!   :eek:
</font></font></font></p>
Did it ever stop? :angry: