A quick tutorial - Changing the cleaning wheels on the LGB 2076 Track cleaning loco

Dylanlewis2000

Registered
17 Feb 2010
Hi All,

I just thought I'd post this here in case it helps someone out. I have created a small video demonstrating how to change the cleaning wheels on an LGB track cleaner. If this is the wrong section, admins feel free to move it. I hope it helps someone out!

Reactions: 1 user

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Hi All,

I just thought I'd post this here in case it helps someone out. I have created a small video demonstrating how to change the cleaning wheels on an LGB track cleaner. If this is the wrong section, admins feel free to move it. I hope it helps someone out!

Very good tutorial Dylan, the tip about removing the plastic hatirs was a new one on me and may perhaps help explain why some have managed to burn out their motors in the cleaning unit.

As for your old Stainz, put a request on the “help required” in the news and help forum with some more pictures. A Stainz guru will likely nail it down exactly.

Dan

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Eastern MA
On changing the TCL cleaning rings there are 2 things I always try to remember.
One is if just changing the rings, just do this once (every other time) as the plastic rims lift the cleaner pads off the plastic frogs at switches (tyurnouts) and crossover tracks.
Other hint is to use an Exacto knife and trim the new rings with the TCL upside down on the test bench. I do this even after running the TCL several times to make the pads flat on the rails.