A new type of Sticky Stuff - Nuclear Snot?

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Some time back Tag mentioned a substance that he called Nuclear Snot. I perceived it to be something like the stuff that holds DVD's and things to Magazines that allows removal without destroying the paper. Never found anything like it in a Tube. But today on a Facebook Page (rarely look at FB) I found this stuff advertised:-

https://phonebibi.com/products/sticky-gel-pad

Sadly it would appear to only be available in US but a search on Amazon found many similar products. Has anyone this side of the Pond tried anything similar? Please list the name and where you got it if you have.

I can forsee uses like Glueing Passengers to Seats and possibly even their feet to the floor with the possibility of a change around every now and again. I particularly like the concept of being able to temporarily glue my iPad to a Window as was seen in the Phonebibi add. No doubt others will think of many sorts of uses, perhaps temporarily holding parts together whilst Glue Dries being another of my thougts.

Over to you guys.
JonD

G-force1

Prevarication Rules!
4 Aug 2015
North Middle Earth
Best answers
Country flag
Yeah, but definately 'snot nuclear! :giggle::giggle:

Reactions: 1 users

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Maybe North Korea can help with a source.....:wasntme:

Reactions: 1 user

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
Maybe North Korea can help with a source.....:wasntme:
Yep, they can fly you some over straightaway :tmi: and it will arrive with a bang.

Reactions: 1 users

ntpntpntp

Registered
24 Oct 2009
UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
I know of Bullfrog Snot used to create or replace traction tyres on loco wheels, but not heard of Nuclear Snot before.

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
That's actually a gel pad that is sticky... they wear out after a while. I suppose you could cut little squares of it, but this is not the "nuclear snot" stuff that you find holding things together in a package, dispensed like glue. It works over larger, smooth areas.

Here's the "credit card glue"

http://cart.priddysales.com/index.p...AqwnEALw_wcB&zenid=hacp6jid70ca11q3fpko5i2qk6

Greg
Thanks for that, again US based looks like we are somewhat backwards in UK, but similar must be available for both in UK. Amazon lists the Pads the Snot stuff is trickier as it is known as
AT-10154 Temporary Hold "Credit Card" Adhesive Glue Cartridge In US but a UK search does not find it only this that may appeal

http://www.nano470.co.uk/IC80HighSt...MIgoSfyZvR1QIV0YeyCh3CbAYxEAMYASAAEgJyTPD_BwE

Sorry for big lettering, iphone posting from copy changed it!
JonD

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
That's actually a gel pad that is sticky... they wear out after a while. I suppose you could cut little squares of it, but this is not the "nuclear snot" stuff that you find holding things together in a package, dispensed like glue. It works over larger, smooth areas.

Here's the "credit card glue"

http://cart.priddysales.com/index.p...AqwnEALw_wcB&zenid=hacp6jid70ca11q3fpko5i2qk6

Greg
Thanks for that, again US based looks like we are somewhat backwards in UK, but similar must be available for both in UK. Amazon lists the Pads the Snot stuff is trickier as it is known as
AT-10154 Temporary Hold "Credit Card" Adhesive Glue Cartridge In US but a UK search does not find it only this that may appeal

http://www.nano470.co.uk/IC80HighSt...MIgoSfyZvR1QIV0YeyCh3CbAYxEAMYASAAEgJyTPD_BwE

Sorry for big lettering, iphone posting from copy changed it!
JonD

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
Looks like completely different stuff, not temporary, or rubbery, but permanent bonding...

what about this? https://www.amazon.co.uk/DELUXE-MAT...02751926&sr=8-65&keywords=temporary++adhesive

514KTVmmTIL._SX425_.jpg

Ah, ha! 3m makes it, and it MUST be available in the UK (gummy glue in a hot melt glue gun)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221175571876

Greg

Homo Habilis

Registered
16 Apr 2016
USA
Best answers
Country flag
I use Glue Dots.

Specifically I used "Glue Dots Craft Roll, Contains 200 ( .5 Inch) Adhesive Craft Dots (08165)", but that does not appear on the UK site. Perhaps something similar will work for you.

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Lemax do a version of that Tacky Wax - available in the UK in a blue tub.

Northsider

Modelling the Northern half of the Isle of Man
3 May 2012
Hertfordshire
Best answers
Country flag
Did anyone get any further with this? I can find Low Tack Sticky Dots and even a glue gun version (in commercial quantities!), but nothing that can be used from a tube for fixing passengers to seats as per Dunnyrail's original post.

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Did anyone get any further with this? I can find Low Tack Sticky Dots and even a glue gun version (in commercial quantities!), but nothing that can be used from a tube for fixing passengers to seats as per Dunnyrail's original post.

Shame that Tag Gorton a rare visitor to the site did not pick up on this.

Northsider

Modelling the Northern half of the Isle of Man
3 May 2012
Hertfordshire
Best answers
Country flag
Here you go:

Lancashire..

PhilP
Yes, this was as far as I got: they claim to sell it as a hot melt glue, but the link doesn't lead to a product, just power fed glue guns at several hundred pounds a pop :eek:. They do sell sticky dots though, so that might be a possibility depending on shipping costs.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
It may be the 'cold, solid' glue, is not suitable to form glue-sticks for domestic glue-guns?

It might be worth the time it takes to pen an email?

PhilP

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
yeah, the sticky dots would seem to be fine, last on this page:

but you probably need to look for a vendor that is more consumer oriented, not a supply company...

a few seconds on google:

Greg

phils2um

Phil S
11 Sep 2015
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Try doing a search for "low temp hot melt gummy glue". This may get you to places that sell "sample size" quantities in the UK. That is how I found 3M 3798 LM glue sticks in 1.1 pound "sample" quantities in the US. Otherwise, 11 pounds is the smallest commercially available quantity I could find. This will also return other manufacturers similar gummy glues.