A new station for Topogarden

Topogardenmike

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
One of my winter projects is a new station for Topogarden. I am going to post pictures as I build it so that it might inspire others.

The building is a cladded shelter from TM models purchased at the Elsecar garden Railway show. Its designed to fit onto radius 2 curved track at the and of the branch from Conifer Junction to Topogarden. See my video "conifer Junction the movie"

thye platform base is thick white PVC sheet. I am lucky enough for my neighbour to have a plastics business so I can help myself to the bin at his factory.

The first shot below shows the base being scribed to represent paving.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Steve

I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was b
1 Jan 1970
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
Best answers
Country flag
Sounds brilliant look forward to seeing it .

Topogardenmike

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Progress with the building can be seen in the next picture. The walls have been glued and painted. and I will give it another coat of paint and will wire the interior for led lighting.

Topogardenmike

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Its meant to be a small halt type station. Initial trial fit shows that the platform might be a bit small so I will glue a piece onto the back to give a bit more platform space. I will measure this when its dry, the site it will fit onto is quite a tight fit. The next pic shows the revised size that I will make

Topogardenmike

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Forgot the Photo sorry!

Topogardenmike

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Well thats a start. When its finished it will have back of platform fencing, some lighting, nameboards and things like a porter trolley with luggage. watch this space for the next instalment

Topogardenmike

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Mark

I just put the second radius track on top of the PVC before the track was fixed into position and marked the sleeper ends to get the required radius. Not perfect but looks OK

Mike