A new Railway is Started

ARIA31

Registered
3 Oct 2017
Toulouse - France
Country flag
I believe the right colums refer to the total working time of the employees (the wattmen)
Entre deux grands repos : time between two major rests .
duree totale pour 10 jours : total working time over 10 days

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Country flag
I believe the right colums refer to the total working time of the employees (the wattmen)
Entre deux grands repos : time between two major rests .
duree totale pour 10 jours : total working time over 10 days
Thanks for that, my initial thoughts were for some kind of time but did not work for the Train Time in bold lines. Train crew would have longer time than that preparing and disposing if the the Train so that makes much more sense to me know.

dunnyrail

25 Oct 2009
Country flag
On the basis that I try to make the Railway as boringly uninteresting as possible to possibly match what most railways in fact are I many moons ago bought from a Pound Shop some bird houses. These were used as a standard for Lineside Huts. 3 of them graced my old line in Hemel and they have been outside here since moving in 2012 so have all been outside for getting on 12 or more years. The first thing to go was the roof and this was replaced about 4 or so years ago with some Lead Sheet as tiles. I noticed the base looking a bit iffy also so mounted most of them on wood cut-offs to keep them from swamping in the wet. However one finally gave up the ghost and was found when cutting some planting. Here you can see the sad remains but at least the roof is fine. Just next to it is one of the surviving two.
7AEE5900-A0D6-4ABC-9425-450ADDF12B99.jpeg
Here is the other one.
4D75BE1F-135E-4F84-B255-24608B81EBE4.jpeg
So some measurements were taken and a new one made from some wood. No detail ie doors or windows but it is assumed that the door is at the rear for the workers safety. Not the prettiest thing I have even made, but as I said a simply boring line side hut. Just waiting to be placed by the Junction where it will be mostly hidden by planting.
3CFE1BB9-F643-4A9B-BB5F-4582E5AAA79B.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

dunnyrail

25 Oct 2009
Country flag
Yesterday turned out much nicer than expected so an impromptu play was indulged in. But there were a couple of objectives to be achieved. 1st was to test that the Red Saddle Tank purchased from this forum would be capable if running a standard train up the bank. The second was to get the wagons sorted for Silberhutte. We will deal with this in reverse order.

Before each Operating Day I do an inventory of wagons to be run, I tend to ensure that in most cases the wagons that are run are not ones used in the last session. This is what my inventory looks like for the next running day, sometimes there can be more or even less wagons to be moved. Depends on how traffic is stacking up and what had been run sometimes 3 sessions ago. All makes for a different experience every session. Note that one wagon has been crossed out, when I did a quick count of the wagons on 69705 to ET there were already 4, as that is the limit LLB60 will need to be on the next schedule’s session. The ET wagons can be a bit of an issue as there are often empty Bogie Log Wagons and this can reduce the no. of wagons on the Train quite a bit. It will be seen that some wagons can take more than1 service to reach their destination. This is fully in line with the sort of thing that the real Selktalbahn had to cope with.
8EBC8B4A-1B4B-4F17-823F-8D942F3DB20C.jpeg
Sikberhutte is a bit of an issue as the wagons need to be placed into the Yard prior to the start of the Timetable. This is because all wagons are stored inside the shed so we have to populate 4 of the stations with their wagons. Gernrode is easy just shunt out of the shed into the 2 available sidings. Lindenburg and ET the same. But Silberhutte has 5 loading spots ((excluding the block trains) and a storage road so things have to be defined. But here is a shot of the wagons in their between sessions location.
C8856FB6-0DDE-49E1-B3A4-E2C8B75F4D55.jpeg
The 9 wagons on the top level are to be sorted out for their locations at Silberhutte. Sometimes this can overflow to the line behind, just depends how busy Silberhutte was on the last session. Between sessions some have been unloaded.

On the lower level the 4 wagons for ET can be seen, the Lindenburg ones are out of sight to the left. I create a Shunt List for Silberhutte, the one for the next session is seen below. Note this gives detail of where the block fuel train goes as well.
E51241FF-8B62-491E-9546-5B74D543E7D1.jpeg
Now we get to see how those notes have been followed. The fuel Train can be seen stabled in the front road 8. Next is Road 7 stabling with the coach, 2 empty spare hoppers and a Van. This is out of place and has not been catered for. It should be stabled in the Log Road for loading Cut Timber, an oversight in my behalf, we shall see if whoever is shunting during the day notes this and puts it right. All part of the fun. Behind the running line is Road 6 with one loaded and one empty Sand. Plus the empty open 99-02-47 at the Barrel Factory. It should be noted that my Silberhutte is somewhat out of kilter with siding locations, places being adapted as required. Though there were sidings in pretty well all the locations you can see here.
83F781E5-3196-4F75-A65D-9762B54585D3.jpeg
Here we see road 4 with an empty flat under the unloading crane and an open with cut Timber by the Shed. Both of these are due to be moved. The flat to ET and the cut timber to the Barrel Factory Road 6. 25 tonner lurks in Road 4a.
C05A65EC-8A19-49A9-B748-81C289337198.jpeg
These are the bins that tell operators which wagons are to be moved. A pretty light day today with just 99-05-07 for the ET 69705 train, note that the empty sand (LLB) was rejected for this as there will alreadyy be 3 on this train for ET when it arrives, priority is given to Empty Log Wagons. The two wagons in Shunts will be moved during the session as I hope will be that van. Note the Tabs telling the operator where the wagons are, also the bin where all arrived Wagon Cards must be placed, this gives me clues of what not to move next session unless they have not been placed in their respective loading points.
9E1E824A-8E07-4C44-AFF8-9381AD65FA6A.jpeg
Finally we see the siding bins, though there are more wagons in the sidings the cards have been moved out to the shunt or train bin. The Tabs in the wagon cards give operators indication of the location.

Oops I have got the van card in the wrong bin. That is where it should be, wonder if it will be noticed? On the board can be seen the all important Train Graph that has been seen before.
085B30B1-A04B-489C-8A52-3E435DA4FF42.jpeg
Now the vid that shows the Saddle Tank triumphantly conquering the grade. I know that is what you were all waiting for!

Attachments

• CFFCFEC0-3D16-492D-BC3C-FB4DC8CD9BE8.jpeg
    CFFCFEC0-3D16-492D-BC3C-FB4DC8CD9BE8.jpeg
    748.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Country flag
Yesterday turned out much nicer than expected so an impromptu play was indulged in. But there were a couple of objectives to be achieved. 1st was to test that the Red Saddle Tank purchased from this forum would be capable if running a standard train up the bank. The second was to get the wagons sorted for Silberhutte. We will deal with this in reverse order.

Before each Operating Day I do an inventory of wagons to be run, I tend to ensure that in most cases the wagons that are run are not ones used in the last session. This is what my inventory looks like for the next running day, sometimes there can be more or even less wagons to be moved. Depends on how traffic is stacking up and what had been run sometimes 3 sessions ago. All makes for a different experience every session. Note that one wagon has been crossed out, when I did a quick count of the wagons on 69705 to ET there were already 4, as that is the limit LLB60 will need to be on the next schedule’s session. The ET wagons can be a bit of an issue as there are often empty Bogie Log Wagons and this can reduce the no. of wagons on the Train quite a bit. It will be seen that some wagons can take more than1 service to reach their destination. This is fully in line with the sort of thing that the real Selktalbahn had to cope with.
View attachment 283276
Sikberhutte is a bit of an issue as the wagons need to be placed into the Yard prior to the start of the Timetable. This is because all wagons are stored inside the shed so we have to populate 4 of the stations with their wagons. Gernrode is easy just shunt out of the shed into the 2 available sidings. Lindenburg and ET the same. But Silberhutte has 5 loading spots ((excluding the block trains) and a storage road so things have to be defined. But here is a shot of the wagons in their between sessions location.
View attachment 283272
The 9 wagons on the top level are to be sorted out for their locations at Silberhutte. Sometimes this can overflow to the line behind, just depends how busy Silberhutte was on the last session. Between sessions some have been unloaded.

On the lower level the 4 wagons for ET can be seen, the Lindenburg ones are out of sight to the left. I create a Shunt List for Silberhutte, the one for the next session is seen below. Note this gives detail of where the block fuel train goes as well.
View attachment 283273
Now we get to see how those notes have been followed. The fuel Train can be seen stabled in the front road 8. Next is Road 7 stabling with the coach, 2 empty spare hoppers and a Van. This is out of place and has not been catered for. It should be stabled in the Log Road for loading Cut Timber, an oversight in my behalf, we shall see if whoever is shunting during the day notes this and puts it right. All part of the fun. Behind the running line is Road 6 with one loaded and one empty Sand. Plus the empty open 99-02-47 at the Barrel Factory. It should be noted that my Silberhutte is somewhat out of kilter with siding locations, places being adapted as required. Though there were sidings in pretty well all the locations you can see here.
View attachment 283278
Here we see road 4 with an empty flat under the unloading crane and an open with cut Timber by the Shed. Both of these are due to be moved. The flat to ET and the cut timber to the Barrel Factory Road 6. 25 tonner lurks in Road 4a.
View attachment 283279
These are the bins that tell operators which wagons are to be moved. A pretty light day today with just 99-05-07 for the ET 69705 train, note that the empty sand (LLB) was rejected for this as there will alreadyy be 3 on this train for ET when it arrives, priority is given to Empty Log Wagons. The two wagons in Shunts will be moved during the session as I hope will be that van. Note the Tabs telling the operator where the wagons are, also the bin where all arrived Wagon Cards must be placed, this gives me clues of what not to move next session unless they have not been placed in their respective loading points.
View attachment 283275
Finally we see the siding bins, though there are more wagons in the sidings the cards have been moved out to the shunt or train bin. The Tabs in the wagon cards give operators indication of the location.

Oops I have got the van card in the wrong bin. That is where it should be, wonder if it will be noticed? On the board can be seen the all important Train Graph that has been seen before.
View attachment 283277
Now the vid that shows the Saddle Tank triumphantly conquering the grade. I know that is what you were all waiting for!
So what caused one of the tank wagons to jump in that video?

jimmielx

45mm gauge track - approx 16mm scale (1:19)
24 Oct 2009
Hastings, UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Country flag
Stray foliage?

dunnyrail

25 Oct 2009
Country flag
So what caused one of the tank wagons to jump in that video?
Turns out it was this.
AD316788-86CB-430A-93CC-D135039FF28D.jpeg
Which had popped out from here.
5B3F0354-F939-4CE3-89EF-380878FB6EB7.jpeg
Quite why only 1 Tank was effected is a mystery, must get the safety people on the job.

Nice spot I would have been hunting for it forever, was always a bit on the loose side so it will now need to be somehow carefully glued in place. At least I now know some of you watch my vids, thanks.

Reactions: 1 users

jimmielx

45mm gauge track - approx 16mm scale (1:19)
24 Oct 2009
Hastings, UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Country flag
Ah ha! A Piko loco? I’ve got a Piko motor block which does exactly the same thing... Good job you spotted it!

Northsider

Registered
3 May 2012
Country flag
There's something of the Rev Awdry's 'I think I can, I know I can' about that exhaust beat -which I mean in a good way! :)

dunnyrail

25 Oct 2009
Country flag
Ah ha! A Piko loco? I’ve got a Piko motor block which does exactly the same thing... Good job you spotted it!
Yup it is the only one that appears to want to come out with ease. As a non permanent solution I have glued it back in with a small dab of PVA.

dunnyrail

25 Oct 2009
Country flag
In the last few days ET (Eisfelder Talmühle) has been ballasted, had not been done for the 2 or so years that it has been in existance due to that lack of suitable ballast.

1st pic showing my collection of stuff for doing the work. Glue, ballast, tools that all important small home made shovel. What a boon this has been for getting stuff out of between sleepers to adding measured amounts of concrete dye to mix with ballast.
View attachment 267504
Here you can see that I have given the first flood of glue round the points. The points had been oiled around the moving parts and you can see that I have not put any ballast or glue within where the moving parts are. The rail that slides has also been oiled as inevitably some glue is likely to get in but will not work. You can see that I do not pussy foot with the spreading of glue.
View attachment 267505
Here we are looking the other way where some junky old stone has been glued in place as a filler before a top layer of ballast applied. I do not always do this but had a convenient plastic box to use up so.
View attachment 267506
Looking back the other way some gray smaller ballast has been added, I like to use this smaller stuff in sidings but something will need to be dine about the colour, after all these are sidings in East Germany and look just too neat at the moment. Note that the far siding being in effect the running line has had the larger ballast used.
View attachment 267507
Looking across the pointwork the difference in ballast colour is very apparent.
View attachment 267508
Looking the other way again (hope none of you are getting stiff necks) the top coat of ballast has been added and is well on the way to drying. Note now how neat I have tried to make this as it is technically a running line.
View attachment 267509
Here I have given the sidings a blow over of Halfords Rattle Can Matt Black to tone things down a little, probably a little overdone. I did learn my techniques when I was with Mr. Done and Mr.Over who used to get his instructions from Mr.Under. Moving on......
View attachment 267510
I like to use a little scatter to add to the unloved end of sidings, some is quite colour fast and survives outside. Some just goes a funny weathered colour, but at least the texture stays.
View attachment 267511

View attachment 267512
Finally I have added a little brown to reflect rusty track in sidings. Again at first I over did it some but a second coat of sloppy brown with black toned it all down somewhat. Certainly does not look so bad now that everything is not matt black. Those fouling point markers have also had a visit from the painters.
View attachment 267513
More on ballasting with my previous post linked in this thread above for reference.

Yesterday I went over to Ipswich way to B & M Concrete Back Road Ipswich IP10 0NW for some more ballast as suggested on these links.

East Suffolk light railway (now relocated in Essex innit)

2nd Pic post 203

A new Railway is Started

The Ballast is tabled as Crushed Granite 1-4mm. 2 20kilo bags cost me £10.8 including the dreaded VAT and I have to say I am pleased with it. There are some larger bits in it that may need a little bit of removal when I get round to freshening up Ballast and Re-ballasting recently re-felted track. Below is a picture with a comparison to the other two types that I have used.

Left
This is a form of Chicken Grit that I have used, I like the size of this but not the colour and a look at an earlier post linked in this thread will show where I have used in in sundry places.
Centre
This is the Ballast that I inherited a near full bag from the Rushbahn and what I have been looking for a very long time. Much of the line has used this. Sadly the knowledge of where it came from (somewhere in Essex) passed with Andy.
Right
The B@M stuff obtained yesterday. Quite happy with this and it will be the Ballast of choice moving forwards.
5EF7C751-AE9D-4CD5-A059-E751555CAEE2.jpeg
Finally I should mention the use of Postcrete much favored by others. Good stuff and it makes a good solid resonable looking ballast. It attracts moss nicely and has a place on my line as well. I have had psoblems with some if the larger pieces in it and whilst sifting can remove these to be put in first with the smaller sifted on top this is not really a recommended route as the dust can be quite nasty.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Country flag
None of that looks too appetising, even with milk; I'll stick to me special K for breakfast thanks Jon :p:p

dunnyrail

25 Oct 2009
Country flag

dunnyrail

25 Oct 2009
Country flag
A small land grab was started yesterday, well air grab actually. Lindenburg has been getting more opens in the Flourspar Circuit of late and the capacity was looking somewhat tight. There are 2 sidings a kick back (Road 4 Capacity 3 Wagons) and the Station Siding (Road 3 Capacity 4 Wagons). At the last Operating session due to more than 7 Wagons being present the option was to leave some on the Main or in Stiege Fiddle Yard. Neither option is entirely satisfactory and there is always the possibility of the Yardmaster at Silberhutte in times of excess wagons on hand demanding some space for storage as well! The siding appears pretty Camera shy which is hardly surprising as this is an Operational point rather a location that I have attempted or could even make a stab at a scenic job. So below is about the best I could find, though somewhere on the iPad amongst the many many pictures is perhaps a better one!
38EAFAA8-F782-4FED-9639-0E10CFFE68C5.jpeg Thus this plan was formulated, extend the board, put in a new Right hand point and extend the siding as shown on the job of works below.
48275F18-A9F0-4900-81F7-024CADCDF4BA.jpeg
However there was a flaw in this cunning plan, I forgot that I used up all the spare Peco Points on the Loft Railway! This was remembered after I had cut and placed the baseboard extension with its nice cut out for the point. I used some 2nd hand decking that was kicking around, nails screws and felt was all in stock as was the track thus no cost for any materials was endured.Still onwards and forwards at least the siding could now be extended by 31 inches. This pic shows the extent of the original siding after track laid.
1A4CD56D-3766-458A-891C-14EED109C480.jpeg
This turned out to be enough with testing for a further 2 Wagons. Thus 5 can safely be accommodated as seen below with the Fouling Point Marker nicely showing clear. Piko 25 Tonner in attendance.
CC51423D-D0AA-4B2E-BE42-A3F4CC724415.jpeg
9167E20B-30A9-4C54-BDAF-C0BE0FE12C65.jpeg
Final job was to put the Buffer Stop back in place. Well when the weather gets a bit warmer this section will also be ballasted.
7699B862-E145-455F-B401-07D6D6716605.jpeg
There is a little story to this stop as well, it recently save my bacon when a visitor who was testing out a PM Railcar that he was going to buy ran said Railcar full pelt into the buffer with a sharpe quick stop ensuing. Some idiot (me) had forgot to put the point back to the Main Line after some testing a few days before. Luckily the stop is securely held in place with a nice long screw into the baseboard and is unlikely to move when hit.

Last edited:

dunnyrail

25 Oct 2009
Country flag
As it was a really good hot warm day yesterday I decided that some ballasting was in order as this sort of weather is what you need to get the watered down PVA to properly set. I decided that I would use my 5 LGB hoppers with opening doors to move and drop said ballast in place. The ballast bags have been in the sun for a while but that did not properly dry things out entirely as the heat caused condensation in the bags... doh. But things went ok with a little help.

Loading the Ballast at ET, at the real Harz there is a quarry just after leaving ET on the run to Harzegerode, as I have not modeled this quarry ET is a compromise but it does give a good run to the work site. In all 4 runs were made during the day. Here you can see the loaded Train with some ballast dropping out onto the line-side. Must speak to the staff at ET to stress upon them the importance of properly closing the bottom doors on the wagons. If you look closely you can see the pegs on wagons 3 and 4, these are a little like twist locks on Freightliner Container wagons. If you can see them the load is not secure.
2C878970-B622-4B3E-8450-EA9278B707FF.jpeg
Next up the train has run out to Sikberhutte where a stop for loco water was been made. A coach and all the staff for the work was attached at Alexisbad but as the Station was full the coach had to be propelled to Magdesprung. Here you can see the run round manouver being carried out so that the coach will be to the rear of the wagons enabling the train to be propelled to the worksite. You can also clearly see how the centre wagon 415 has lost a lot of its load.
6A112DA8-A614-4ADA-8CE2-3127DFE9C40F.jpeg
81836D05-35C8-487A-B49F-5A3BAAAF2DC0.jpeg
At the worksite the doors are opened and most of the ballast drops out either side of the wagon. A little help is given to the slightly damp ballast and a nice dry brush is used to get things all nice and neat and into the centre of the track.
0F60F07B-AE69-4297-AE4D-E85D760AC7D1.jpeg
Ballast after the train has departed the worksite.
271D0521-AFA2-4CA9-B720-CFD3BA7E90C5.jpeg
Once the ballast has all been tidied up it is ready for application of adhesive.
4A89AACF-9322-4963-9878-23A06E6D1B5E.jpeg
Here you can see the tided ballast after the application of glue. External Quality PVA (large drums not the size shown, this is an old one retained for applying the glue) mixed 50/50 with water and a drop of washing up liquid. The dry ballast is also pre sprayed with water with a drop of washing up liquid to aid full absorption of the glue by the ballast. That milky look will dissapear when the ballast has dried, quite quickly on a hot day like yesterday.
05EBE0E7-7C9C-4F10-A870-6193445E3508.jpeg
In the meantime the Train has left the worksite for another load of ballast. This time the coach will accompany the train to ET which will cause some problems later. Here you can see the train heading back to ET for another load of ballast while Barney takes the sun. Tools and sundry requirements for the job in the red bin precariosly ballanced on the brickwork at Magdesprung.
BDC9DEB0-85B0-4777-90BD-9A6C556712E6.jpeg
Having loaded the ballast wagons again at ET the train stalls on the bank and has to set back to Glaseberg. Here the train is split for the bank. This picture shows the second portion arriving at Silberhutte having to use road 1 as road 3 was blocked by loose ballast! The 3 wagons in road 1 were the first trip up the bank. Those staff at ET have a lot to answer for. But the ballast will be of use for freshening up some if the track in Silberhutte so all may not be lost. Again water will be taken by the loco.
B63FA596-4B0B-49C8-91FE-B25A6FEC68AE.jpeg
Not all of the work was completed yesterday but I wanted Osterteich ballasted.
E2DB3C69-F4B3-4B97-AAAE-995955996457.jpeg
End of the day and the loco is at the newly ballasted Station waiting to be put back in the house. Note the unfinished ballast beyond.
30714FF6-3C87-4091-AC41-2F694BEEB933.jpeg

dunnyrail

25 Oct 2009
Country flag
Carried out the rest of the ballasting for the time being today. Ran 4 loaded trains yesterday and 3 today. That is 35 wagons load of ballast for any of you that are counting, almost a full bags worth. That has done around 17 yards and one points worth if track.

First to be tackled was the bridge and as this needs to come out for access to the garden behind I had some small track fettling to do. I removed a full uncut yard and replaced it with a yard of made up bits so that the bridge section was a complete length to come out with the bridge. As can be seen the SnT have been iut and attended to the leaning pole. The ballast towards the bottom of the bag was quite damp making ampying the wagons a bit of a task.
FE96C0BB-9EF6-4B31-A447-4179A83ACF2A.jpeg 6BA2C77F-6302-4E00-83FC-EAF9A415068E.jpeg
As yesterday a bit of faffing about with the train consist was indulged in at Magdesprung as was some attempts at ballast drying with a couple of my more normal ballast application devices. This was being dried to sort out the less than satisfactory job at Osterteich yesterday.
36BD3723-942F-4B5B-80D1-BCC339249EE5.jpeg CD7B3D27-3C73-4AC7-952C-41EAF8597C42.jpeg
Here you can get a feel for how damp the ballast was, an hour or so in the sun sorted that so that it could be brushed neatly in place.
FBF6C8EC-34CB-468E-AA96-5BFD3C40518A.jpeg
Loco propels the train further into the work zone past the junction indicating signals.
9C6F68A2-584B-43D3-A996-44309CDF28C0.jpeg
This is the next section to be done, but first I had to do some pruning. Once the track is ballasted removel of the cuttings will be much easier as none will be getting lodged between the sleepers.
CF7B8A31-3A1F-4341-8406-93142BCF5467.jpeg
Showing sticky wet ballast in the wagon that is tricky to get unloaded.
A4AB5ED7-515B-4F68-985D-AC3E287C8973.jpeg
This shot shows some damp and dry in a wagon.
2633606B-2556-46BE-AF5B-3BCB693F328A.jpeg
Job done, a nice length of freshly ballasted rail.
0E1F4E01-35F4-4770-8CB3-4647C4CCDDB2.jpeg E71E7593-F68A-4424-8887-DEE81C0BC0B9.jpeg
Glad to be done as it is nice to get inside in a nice cool north facing room. Walkies and beer o clock next job.

dunnyrail

25 Oct 2009
Country flag
Carried out the rest of the ballasting for the time being today. Ran 4 loaded trains yesterday and 3 today. That is 35 wagons load of ballast for any of you that are counting, almost a full bags worth. That has done around 17 yards and one points worth if track.

First to be tackled was the bridge and as this needs to come out for access to the garden behind I had some small track fettling to do. I removed a full uncut yard and replaced it with a yard of made up bits so that the bridge section was a complete length to come out with the bridge.

As can be seen the SnT have been out and attended to the leaning pole. The ballast towards the bottom of the bag was quite damp making ampying the wagons a bit of a task. As the bridge was takled first 2 wagons used for this were moved to Magdesprung for temporary stabling whilst the worksite beyond the junction was started with the remaining 3 loads.
View attachment 285821 View attachment 285822
As yesterday a bit of faffing about with the train consist was indulged in at Magdesprung as was some attempts at ballast drying with a couple of my more normal ballast application devices. This was being dried to sort out the less than satisfactory job at Osterteich yesterday.
View attachment 285823 View attachment 285824
Here you can get a feel for how damp the ballast was, an hour or so in the sun sorted that so that it could be brushed neatly in place.
View attachment 285825
Loco propels the train further into the work zone past the junction indicating signals with those 3 wagons refered to earlier.
View attachment 285826
This is the next section to be done, but first I had to do some pruning. Once the track is ballasted removel of the cuttings will be much easier as none will be getting lodged between the sleepers.
View attachment 285827
Showing sticky wet ballast in the wagon that is tricky to get unloaded.
View attachment 285828

railaddict

Registered
18 May 2020
Belgium
Country flag
The method you use to glue the ballast is the same one as what I used to advise my customers for indoor, but I did not know it worked outside. I thought the rain would wash away the glue. Does it really hold? I am most curious about your answer. If it really works, that would be great news to me.