20670 Track cleaner

U

UKSGR

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Bournemouth
I have a track cleaner for sale. It has seen good service but I'm switching to live steam so don't use it any more. It has been fitted with a massoth decoder which is why the speed control knob is not fitted. It does mean that it can clean in both directions. I'm asking £325 plus shipping. I'm in Bournemouth and will be going to Exeter garden railway show this weekend if that helps20670 Loco 1.jpg 20670 Loco 2.jpg 20670 Loco 3.jpg 20670 Loco 4.jpg 20670 Loco 5.jpg

U

UKSGR

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Bournemouth
Hi All

This is still for sale so with the new season approaching and you need to clean your tracks, I'm reducing it to£275. I've checked it's all working.

Paul

stockers

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Thats odd! Not a standard fitment then?
It means whoever set the decoder up, didn't set the function to turn the cleaning motor on to only be available in the forwards direction.. :nerd::nod:

AustrianNG

AustrianNG

Director of my railway
16 Sep 2015
North Wales
How often have the bearings on the abrasive wheels been cleaned ?

It is essential that these are cleaned and lubricated, otherwise they seize up and burn the motor out.

Your photo of the underside doesn't help you sell the loco, the track cleaning section hasn't been cleaned and the track pick up skates haven't been cleaned - always a clue to overall condition whenever I buy off ebay.....

Greg Elmassian

Greg Elmassian

Registered
8 Mar 2014
San Diego
www.elmassian.com
Yes the driving wheels show wear, but it seems even and consistent. I agree cleaning the skates might have been wise.

But the track cleaning wheels look ok, and no obvious worn flanges on them. The price looks pretty reasonable though.

Greg

U

UKSGR

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Bournemouth
It is not a standard board as it says on the original post. The LGB board stopped working so I changed it. I used Massoth DCC at the time so fitted it with a Massoth board. I thought it was a good idea to have cleaning in both directions and it did prove useful at times. I also put blue lights on it instead of amber at one time but they are now amber again. I lubricated the bearing when I changed cleaning wheels as well as taking out the crud that builds up over time. I did not polish the skates or the underside of the loco as this was a working loco not a display model I also did not replace lost bits like the horn or missing light bezels. Hope this helps.

U

UKSGR

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Bournemouth
1 more thing. The amber lights are switchable from F2 enabling them to flash independently from the motor if used for a MOW train. I think that's all the differences.

stockers

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Is the cleaning motor switchable on F1?

U

UKSGR

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Bournemouth
Yes it is

M

mcr22

Registered
28 Jan 2018
dorset, uk
Hi....If you have any battery RC to sell I would be interested
Thanks

U

UKSGR

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Bournemouth
Sorry but I didn't get into battery stuff

U

UKSGR

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Bournemouth
Is the cleaning motor switchable on F1?
Sorry, I've not been here lately. I believe it is on F1 but it's a long time since I could use it